Share your tail shots

Fausta

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I ran into the mite problem and lost a scorp in a freezing winter night when my heating devices failed. Desert types just seem hardier, not too mention are cooler looking. Just my own opinion however. Now that I have bonded with the "infamous" leiosoma breed I will always have one around.

Stormcrow

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
A.mauritanicus has been the holy grail of Buthidae for me. Never ever see them on sale except twice and both times I did not have the money to afford them. C.gracilis is the only species you are caring for? What about those live A.crassicauda I seen earlier in the thread?

Right, I have bonded with Latrodectus, Loxosceles, and the Arizona Bark Scorpion, love all of them! C.exilicauda/sculpteratus are awesome fiery little devils! Love their captive behavior, those that have kept alot various species can see the common theme in my love of Arizona Bark Scorpions, L.quinquestriatus, and Hadrurus scorpions.

carpe scorpio

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Fausta said:
I ran into the mite problem and lost a scorp in a freezing winter night when my heating devices failed. Desert types just seem hardier, not too mention are cooler looking. Just my own opinion however. Now that I have bonded with the "infamous" leiosoma breed I will always have one around.
Sorry to hear that it died. Speaking of winter, that's another reason I'm getting away from humid species. Whenever someone opens a door in the winter, and it's -30F or lower, my tank will fog up like a pervert's glasses.

carpe scorpio

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Stormcrow said:
A.mauritanicus has been the holy grail of Buthidae for me. Never ever see them on sale except twice and both times I did not have the money to afford them. C.gracilis is the only species you are caring for? What about those live A.crassicauda I seen earlier in the thread?

Right, I have bonded with Latrodectus, Loxosceles, and the Arizona Bark Scorpion, love all of them! C.exilicauda/sculpteratus are awesome fiery little devils! Love their captive behavior, those that have kept alot various species can see the common theme in my love of Arizona Bark Scorpions, L.quinquestriatus, and Hadrurus scorpions.
I wish they were still alive, but alas, they are no more. Some of them have their legs in a life-like pose. I really miss them.

Stormcrow

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Aaah, that's too bad. Beautiful colorations, not dull like many I've seen. Well, luckily there will always be opportunities to purchase more.

carpe scorpio

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Stormcrow said:
Aaah, that's too bad. Beautiful colorations, not dull like many I've seen. Well, luckily there will always be opportunities to purchase more.
Where?, who's got any these days?, I haven't seen them offered since the late eighties.

Fausta

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Stan,
I'll look around for one for you. I will bring you a scorpion from Egypt this November-December. The idiot who got me stung gets all kinds of crazy types.
Where are you moving too?
Kelly

carpe scorpio

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Wow!, thanks Kelly, I would appreciate that beyond words. I still live in Alaska, I just changed it to confuse the newer people.

Fausta

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I have seen the nearly black LQs there before, but just large examples. I have called ahead and am hoping the villagers can get me some juveniles. Perhaps that are not LQs, but they sure look like them and the villagers tell me they have been responsible for killing a few of their goats and sheep over the years.
I am going out of town tomorrow morning to get my specimen in Atlanta and will be back around Tuesday night. Might check in from a coffee house if I get the chance.
Kelly

carpe scorpio

Arachnoking
Old Timer
I wonder if they could be an introduced population of L. jordanensis?. Good luck in Atlanta.

Nazgul

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Hi,
here´s one of my male P. leiosoma. By the way, L. jordanensis has been described by a female specimen collected in the south of Jordan. I don´t think this species occurs in Egypt. Here´s a link to an article by Amr, one of the guys who described this species: http://www.skorpione.de/htm/gastautoren/z_amr/z_amr.htm. There´s a little part about L. jordanensis and the article is in english.
Greetings
Alex

Last edited:

PIter

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Great pictures you guys! Whats the black scorpion? Androctonus Bicolor?

Cheers
Peter

errit

Arachnolord
Old Timer
Hello, Carpe Scorpio. On page 5 i saw some pictures of your preserved scorpions. What species are they? Some of them look to me like Centuroides and A. Amoreuxi and L. quinquestriatus. Am i right or wrong:)

carpe scorpio

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Errit, the Androctonus are A.crassicauda and A. bicolor. The Centruroides are C. gracilis, C. exilicauda, and C. vittatus. And those other shots are L. quinquestriatus.