Share your funny spood behaviors! Let's laugh!

The Grym Reaper

Arachnoreaper
I find threat postures hilarious anyway but my O. aureotibialis takes the cake.

Sling threat postures are just adorable.

My N. chromatus planking after her last moult makes me chuckle too.

66800984_2797487526931335_6094257451392040960_o.jpg

Feral

Arachnobaron

View attachment 324943
That third photo from the top, though...

Me: "On a scale of one to three, how are adorable are you?"
Sling: *raises two legs and two pedipalps*

Brachyfan

Deactivated account
Here is another one:

My hamorii juvie is called Grumpy. I tried to feed it a cricket one time. Every time the cricket got anywhere near Grumps the t would kick hairs. And everytime I tried to put tongs in the enclosure it would kick hairs. And every time I tried to grab the cricket it would kick hairs! I don't know how long I waited to get a shot at that cricket but it was probably at least a day. Every time I tried to grab it the cricket would go and hide under the fake plant. And everytime I touched the plant Grumpy would kick hairs. Full on panic mode on my part. I must have got haired 20 times that day. Good thing that Grumpy 's aim sucks as I had no reaction.

I now know that it was in premolt as it molted a week later but the funny thing is it kicked all the hairs off leaving a giant black booty. This made my panic 10 times worse as the cricket in there when the molt happened would be a problem. Grumps doesn't have that dulled reddish pink color anymore. Now it looks like a true hamorii!

Maybe more of a funny human behavior but I was panicing big time:anxious:

On the flip side I had my first t (tiny t albo sling) present and kick hairs at me while it was in it's burrow at the bottom of a small vial and I was just thinking "what's that gonna do?" That was on par with a big bad 3 week old kitten hissing at you. So adorable!

Feral

Arachnobaron
That was on par with a big bad 3 week old kitten hissing at you. So adorable!
Lol I'll tell you though, shittens are lethal! If I had to take a temperature or place an IV cath, I'd taken on two adult cats, screaming and swatting and charging, before a kitten. First, a shitten will completely disarm you with its adorability. Then, while you're cooing and melting, it will employ its little razorclaws, and then it will unexpectedly twist around (because it's made of rubber) and nail you with its little needleteeth. Lethal! :rofl:

Also, does anyone else have a T that has a perfectly straight, lush, spiky little punkrawk Mohawk hairdo on his/her carapace?!
Kills me! lol

Brachyfan

Deactivated account
Lol I'll tell you though, shittens are lethal! If I had to take a temperature or place an IV cath, I'd taken on two adult cats, screaming and swatting and charging, before a kitten. First, a shitten will completely disarm you with its adorability. Then, while you're cooing and melting, it will employ its little razorclaws, and then it will unexpectedly twist around (because it's made of rubber) and nail you with its little needleteeth. Lethal! :rofl:

Also, does anyone else have a T that has a perfectly straight, lush, spiky little punkrawk Mohawk hairdo on his/her carapace?!
Kills me! lol
I know the feeling. I had this kitten named Ozzy and she would climb onto my bed every night and bite in between my toes till they bled. Little 2 month old kitten. Probably better than her sister Murph who would climb humans like trees! Kinda funny at first but got old quick when they both took on their dads (norwegian forest cat) size at about 4 months old. Both ended up huge and dwarfed their mum (tiny dsh calico cobby) at 3 months old!

CommanderBacon

Arachnobaron
Post-molt stretching of leggy males always delights me, as done the inexplicable movement of dirt. My other favorite is my G porteri deciding that no, in fact she does not need a water bowl full of water, but she likes that bowl, and she likes to push it in and out of her hide.

Gnarled Gnome

Arachnoknight

View attachment 324943
Second pic- (theme from Flashdance plays in background)

Gnarled Gnome

Arachnoknight

Kills me! lol
Agreed kittens are extra soft, and also extra sharp.
Gonna need pics of this T-hawk.

Kitara

Arachnodemon
My B. albo falls off the ceiling often. After falling upside down into the water dish, Mocha decided that's not going to happen again.

20190903_190523.jpg

Rigor Mortis

Arachnobaron
My B. hamorii used her hide all the time right after I got her, she would religiously retire to it at about 7pm and not come out for a good 12-14 hours. Then she moulted in the hide and a few months after that she decided she was done with the whole hide thing. So she started bulldozing dirt into it. She's made a nice downslope to the front of the enclosure and nearly filled the hide. All fun and games until you want the hide again, Doris.

WheelbarrowTim

Arachnopeon
Just tried to feed my Actaeon a cricket and she was seemingly not interested. She just had a lot of stuff redone in her home so as I'm typing "will stress cause a tarantula to refuse food?" into Google I hear 'whoosh' and look up to see Terry with a mouth full of cricket. I had been watching her for a solid 20 minutes

Gnarled Gnome

Arachnoknight
Just tried to feed my Actaeon a cricket and she was seemingly not interested. She just had a lot of stuff redone in her home so as I'm typing "will stress cause a tarantula to refuse food?" into Google I hear 'whoosh' and look up to see Terry with a mouth full of cricket. I had been watching her for a solid 20 minutes
That's good. She said, "fine don't goggle me!" Extra laughs for the name Terry!

AlexWae

Arachnopeon
Just got home and saw a the sun hitting the enclosure of my gbb..
I closed the blinde while looking at the enclosure.. and i saw my little buddy giving a threat posture at it's own shadow

Rigor Mortis

Arachnobaron
My GBB Bitsa Talent is a bit...special, I've deduced. She was trying to hunt a cricket today and quite literally jumped on top of the thing. Once it moved and she realised where it was, she backed up and it was riiiiight in front of her chelicerae and she still didn't strike at it. It took her a few minutes to get it.

Eukio

Arachnosquire
My T. vagans gave me a threat pose once. She fell face forward into the substrate. She maintained her position for 10 minutes. Her position was exactly like in the image below.
threat pose.png

Last edited:

Vanisher

Arachnoking
Old Timer
I had a P cancerides female that striked against the glass sometimes when i walked by. If i was unprepared i jumped sometimes. I had a fenale A seemanni that walked on its backlegs in threatpose once in a while. That was more funny than scary, and it cracked me up!

Colorado Ts

Arachnoangel
Small little spiders throwing threat poses...is kinda cute.

5” to 6” spider throwing threat poses, that's a little creepy.

You get a spider approaching the size of a dinner plate throwing threat poses, that can be intimidating.

Ellenantula

Arachnoking

I had to do a collage (this is several years old) instead of video, since it took Rosie 15 -20 minutes to accomplish this. But she prefers her ping pong ball balanced on water bowl against enclosure corner. No idea why.