Hello there, why not take a few seconds to register on our forums and become part of the community? Just click here.

Share your funny spood behaviors! Let's laugh!

Discussion in 'Tarantula Chat' started by Feral, Nov 5, 2019.

1. Feral

Feral Arachnoknight Active Member

Advertisement
    What are some of those little things Ts do that just crack you all the way up? I'm dying to hear about it. Everybody share and we'll all have a laugh!

For me, for one thing, I giggle every time I see a T on the side glass. It's simple and common, but every time I see a T up against the glass my brain sees a little kid with his face pressed against a window making silly faces and I think it's funny every time!

Also, I love it when a T sticks out just one leg from the hide. My brain sees a sassy little hitchhiker (or a burlesque dancer?) showing a little thigh to catch some attention, and it makes me smile (and maybe give him/her a little wink lol).

I also love it when a black pulchra begins to slowly creep out from the dark depths of its hide... it looks like the shadows are slowly growing legs and coming alive! It's magical and fills me with so much joy! :D

So what are the things that YOU think are hilarious or make you smile?

• Like Like x 4
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Love Love x 1
  2. Gnarled Gnome

Gnarled Gnome Arachnoknight Active Member

US
    I crack up every time I see my whipspiders sauntering sideways into their hide. It has such a comical "whelp, don't mind me, i really must be going..." vibe. Like something embarrassing just went down and they are making their exit, stage left.

• Funny Funny x 6
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Asgiliath

Asgiliath Arachnoknight Active Member

I caught one of my freshly melted slings on their back doing yoga. As soon as they saw my shadow they bolted upright like they were mortified that they’d been seen.

• Funny Funny x 6
  4. Lolth62

Lolth62 Arachnosquire

My 1 and 1/2 inch A.seemanni burrowed down so far the he is at the bottom of the enclosure where I can see him perfectly , I laugh every time I check on him

Attached Files:

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Love Love x 1
  5. Rigor Mortis

Rigor Mortis Arachnoknight Active Member

My A. chalcodes frequently goes flat up against her dirt and does spider yoga. It cracks me up cos she looks exhausted. It's so hard being a spider.

• Like Like x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
  6. Sarkhan42

Sarkhan42 Arachnodemon Active Member

I had my Tliltocatl albopilosum play dead as a sling- caught me WAY off guard when it sprung to life and sprinted off my palm...

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  7. Brachyfan

Brachyfan Arachnoknight Active Member

My G pulchripes can drain a water dish in under 24 hours and then tips it up into the side of it's enclosure. It is almost as if it is asking for more water. And everytime I go to fill the dish the spider is standing on it. One time I waited for 6 hours till it finally got off and let me flip and fill the dish.

Thats the same reaction as when I caught a glimpse of my leopard gecko drinking!

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 6, 2019
    • Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
  8. Feral

That is hilarious and precious! <3
    These all made me laugh, and definitely this one too, but this one also reminded me of my Witsi. As a little guy, during one of his phases where he messes with the water bowl, he flipped over his dish and sent it rolling down into his burrow. I thought I'd be nice and remove it so he could get comfy, but he insisted on treating the forceps like they might be food.
    (like "AR U FUD?"
    "OK BUT AR U FUD NAO?!"
    "OK BUT AR U SHUR UR NOT FUD?!?!")
    etc.
    So I couldn't grab the water dish so I was like "fine, I guess you'll spend the night spooning your dish, sleep tight!"
    But then, by the next morning, the little gentleman was considerate enough drag his dish up the hill, out of the burrow, and actually return it to the exact spot it came from! What great manners!

Keep them coming, I'm loving this! :D

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  9. WheelbarrowTim

WheelbarrowTim Arachnopeon Active Member

My G pulchra does the same thing and it kills me. She flattens herself out and gets all zen. I love spooder yoga

My G pulchra has a toilet paper tube in her enclosure and she looks far too big for it but from time to time I'll find her crammed in there with her little face poking out. She has 2 other hides in her enclosure but for some reason she squeezes into that tiny tube.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 6, 2019
    • Like Like x 3
    • Funny Funny x 2
  10. VermillionFox

VermillionFox Arachnopeon

If my Chaco could roll his eyes he would every time I take him out to clean his enclosure. He comes out, goes limp, and sits there until I put him in a temporary enclosure. Then he sits there straight up until Im done and put him back in his coconut.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  11. Rigor Mortis

Rigor Mortis Arachnoknight Active Member

Oh and my A. chalcodes and B. hamorii are always doing the same thing. My B. hamorii goes on the wall with her left legs on the ground, so does my A. chalcodes. They're so in-sync sometimes.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  12. Feral

Yes! And that going limp thing always cracks me straight up. Like a little passive-resistance Ghandi routine. At the last rehouse, I asked "Are you against being transferred to a new enclosure, or are you making a powerful political statement about the war, little pacifist protester?"

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  13. Ungoliant

Ungoliant Malleus Aranearum Staff Member

Grooming is cute, especially when they stick their legs in their mouths. (I call it brushing their teeth.) And when a tarantula has striped legs, it's almost hypnotic to watch them all moving in unison.

I like to watch my pulchras move dirt around their enclosures.

My Phormictopus will spend several minutes futilely yanking on a fake plant that is secured to the container. Every now and then I'll hear this clicking sound as it flips back against the plastic.

It's always funny to catch my Avicularia avicularia aiming her butt off the "porch" and fire one off onto the glass doors.

My Psalmopoeus cambridgei went through a phase where she would charge toward anything that made a crinkling noise, such as unwrapping candy, eating popcorn, etc. Once she even ran toward a really loud fart. :hilarious:

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Love Love x 1
  14. Gnarled Gnome

US
    This had me loling

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. Feral

Me, too, @Gnarled Gnome! :hilarious:
    I wish everyone could have seen it.
    Such a good boy. Except for that one time I think I startled him or something and he threat postured at me (even slapped at me), he has otherwise always been this most polite little gentleman anyone could ask for. Such a good boy!

You're story was hilarious, too! I could totally see it in my brain, just like you said. I loled!

I'm still dying over @Ungoliant 's short films, just precious! And the music just makes them.

My favorite part was when the genic suddenly stopped his mystical Dance of the Seven Veils I Mean Eight Legs... to scratch his butt. I lost it!

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. ThatsUnpossible

ThatsUnpossible Arachnosquire Active Member

UK
    I don’t know if this is funny, but I thought it was cute. My B hamorii sling molted for the first time in my care and I was dying to take it out and look at it but I let him be for a few days first. Today I went to open his tub to get it and he ran towards the opening so I shut it quick (I’m still a bit jumpy with them). A couple of minutes later, I walked past and saw he’d moved the molt to the very edge of the tub - exactly where I’d opened it. Co-incidence? He molted on sunday in the centre of his tub and hadn’t moved it before.

Last edited: Nov 6, 2019
    • Love Love x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. Nevelio

Nevelio Arachnopeon

My B. hamorii has a perfectly good hide (I've seen her use it), but she's obsessed with the little fake fern in the corner of her tank. She 'hides' on top of it in the most awkward looking positions.

The other day I caught my two T's 'facing off' like they were about to have a shootout, though they were two far apart to actually see each other.

Also my P. sazimai loves her ping-pong ball. She drags it all over her enclosure but is very clumsy and falls all over herself because it's a bit too big for her to grab easily. I've seen her stop, take a quick rest, and jump right back on it.

Attached Files:

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Award Award x 1
  18. Gnarled Gnome

US
    I LOVE the ping pong idea!! :hilarious:

19. ThatsUnpossible

ThatsUnpossible Arachnosquire Active Member

UK
    • Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  20. Gnarled Gnome

US
    • Like Like x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.