Share your Desert Hairy Scorpion enclosures

Struedle

Arachnopeon
Hey everyone,

I recently got back into my love for insects. Growing up I kept Mantids and Madagascar Hissing Cockroaches. A few months ago I got an adult male Desert Hairy Scorpion and 2 Blue Death Feigning Beetles. They are currently in a 10 gallon tank with a 60/40 play sand and peat moss substrate with 2 cork bark hides. I recently set up a new enclosure with a 70/30 sand and excavator clay substrate mix so he can dig tunnels that hold. That tank is still drying, but I wanted to share it here and get some opinions and see others tank set ups as well! The current tank is missing it's heat lamp, I snagged it to dry the new tank faster. The scorpion still receives enough heat from the mat. The new tank will have one heat lamp on the left side.

Attachments

ScorpFreakKing666

Arachnopeon
Nice set up! Love the sand crawler! your set up is really good, you got your mixture pretty good with the correct ratio, I prefer a 60/40 nut 70/30 should work fine with no issues. Your scorp should be very happy with the new enclosure when it has completely dried out.

Unfortunately I no longer have a H.arizonensis as my adult male passed last year and I have yet to replace it. I do have on the other hand:
A.australis
L.quinquestriatus
H.franzwerneri

There enclosures look pretty identical and they are just juveniles still.

Also Congrats on getting back into the hobby, I myself have recently re-kindled my love for the hobby!

Cheers

Attachments

Struedle

Arachnopeon
Nice set up! Love the sand crawler! your set up is really good, you got your mixture pretty good with the correct ratio, I prefer a 60/40 nut 70/30 should work fine with no issues. Your scorp should be very happy with the new enclosure when it has completely dried out.

Unfortunately I no longer have a H.arizonensis as my adult male passed last year and I have yet to replace it. I do have on the other hand:
A.australis
L.quinquestriatus
H.franzwerneri

There enclosures look pretty identical and they are just juveniles still.

Also Congrats on getting back into the hobby, I myself have recently re-kindled my love for the hobby!

Cheers
Thank you, wanted to give him a nice home lol. The substrate is halfway dried now, can't wait till it's done and he can move in. I'm a huge SW fan, thought the sandcrawler would be a funny touch. Cute little scorpions, I like the enclosures you have, the rocks are cool! It's a fun hobby, glad I'm getting back into it. My scorpion is so active, it's awesome to watch.

Struedle

Arachnopeon
Moved him into his new home last week. He has dug one tunnel in the side of the cave I made and one under the rock last night. I'm assuming the tunnels connect. Wanted to share some pics

Attachments