shaking

chaoshybrid6

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
When I was doing my routine head count, my little Opistophalmus sp. came over the the skewer i use to look around tanks (has a circle on one side, don't worry I'm not holding a scorpion bbq) and grabbed it with all his/her might. The little guy wouldnt let go for about 5 minutes till i finally got it loose. Then something weird happened, it started to shake pretty intensely. I have it alone in the tank as I was told they are not communal and I do not know the sex of the individual. The shaking went from the metasoma through the abdomen all the way into the claws, it was a vibrating scorpion essentially. I did some searching and found out that mostly males do this when they are trying to attract a female.. Could it be trying to tell me it wants to mate? And also would this be an indicator of any kind as to what the sex may be? Thanks in advance.

~Abyss~

Arachnoking
Old Timer
It could be a male searching for a mate but I believe the female needs to be around for it to do that. It might also be the death shivers. A few scorps do this before they kick the bucket.