SF Bay Area Tarantula Society Meeting

sntcruzan

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Hi all,

Well, let's start making plans for your calendars for another T meeting in September. I'm thinking that Saturday,Sept 15th 11-2pm will be a good date for us to meet. Let me know if interested in attending and your thoughts on what you want to see happen at OUR meetings .
The location should be the same if Bagheera will gracefully host this meeting again at his luxurious warehouse.
We have had a few inquiries from new people and I expect our meeting to grow.
Last time we had a great time,this time should be a blast,too

Fred MacDonell
Santa Cruz,Ca.

Okitasoshi

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
sounds like a plan, I'll definately clear my calender for this event, it sucked I couldn't make the last one, I just hate putting so many miles on my car.

Okitasoshi

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
as crazy as this sounds, I have an idea. Why not for the meeting, we all go in on a huge order of tarantulas and all split the shipping, then when we all get there we pass out who got what etc. then somebody could bring cubes or critter keepers to sell etc.

Just an idea, cause I know we all hate shipping.

a7051

Arachnopeon
where can i get more info about this? got a website or anything? sounds cool.

Okitasoshi

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
hmm, website is a good idea, too bad my web design skills are terrible. I'm pretty sure this is the thread to get "up to date" info. Usually Fred (sntcruzn) or Bagheera will be the organizer.

bagheera

ArachnoTiger
Old Timer
Fred actually deserves the credit for organizing, AND not giving up.
I have a location, which, being sessile I can always find:D
The meetings are aslo a good excuse to get the place cleaned up.....

I am however loathe to commit times too far in advance...... I am feeling a little like "Locomotive Breathe", "the train it won't stop going, but he could slow down". Hell, I have 4400 pound forklift with NO brakes, I can even get that stopped (and, for all you smartassess who said, "run it into a wall", no that won't work).

I need a vacation. real soon

I respond real well to: "Howabout next weekend?" ;)

sntcruzan

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Bay Area Tarantula Society meeting review,
for the people that were not at our last meeting ,here's a summary
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi all,
Well, the tarantula meeting in my opinion was a huge success.We had over 100 tarantulas for sell/trade or to look at.There were many tarantulas on hand, including,

Aphonopelma Hentzi
Acanthoscurria Geniculata
Brachypelma albopilosum
Brachypelma Boehmei
Brachypelma Emilia
Brachypelma Smithi
Brachypelma Vagans
Ceratogyrus Bechaunicus
Cyriopagopus sp. - Singapore Blue
Citharischias Crawshayi
Grammostola Auerostriatum
Grammostola Rosea
Holothele incei -Trinidad Olive
Lasiodora Parahybana
Nhandu Chromatus
Poecilotheria Regalis
Pterinochlus Murinus
Thrixopelma Pruriens-Peruvian Green Velvet

All that,plus a few other species of tarantulas and some cool looking Mantids.There were a total of eight of us that attended.We hung around for about 3 hours or so and talked about our hobby,bought sold and traded our tarantulas with each other and to top it off Matthew has an Espresso machine hooked up in his warehouse.He made us espressos,lattes and mochas. Matt makes much better coffee drinks than Starbucks.
Matt has some awesome embroidered Tarantula T-shirts too!!!! I got one.
All in all, it was a relaxing time and we got to get to know each other face to face ,instead of online. We all agreed to wanting to do more of these type of meetings and I think that we could do another one this year in the August to September time period.
If you would like to join us next time keep your eyes open for the next Bay Area Tarantula Society Meeting annoucement, coming to you in a secret warehouse near you ......SOON

IT WAS FUN!!!!! Thank You Bagheera (Matt) for hosting it at your warehouse.
Thank you Ken,Georgie,Carlos,Anna,Jess and John for joining us.I really thought that you all were nice people and I am glad that we met to have some nice conversations..

Fred MacDonell
Santa Cruz,California

Doezsha

Arachnolord
Old Timer
I would like to attend, make a few friends and talk T talk :drool: I firs found out about the SF Bay Area Tarantula Society on the ATS message boards and I think that its awesome that you guys got together and set this up:clap: I'm looking forward to hearing more about the SF Bay Area Tarantula Society take care gents peace

a7051

Arachnopeon
this is the website? well, damn. ha glad i found it then. :clap:
already sounds like a good group of peeps

sntcruzan

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I'm thinking if enough people can commit and we have a place to meet, what about June 30th or July 14th for a T meeting ?
LET ME KNOW..OKAY?
I'm still planning on the September meeting,too

Fred

Rydog

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I'm down, I'm 16 so maybe someone could give me a ride, if so then i can go.

a7051

Arachnopeon
the june 30th could be doable.
i'll be leaving for a socal vacation july 14 though.

Uglykid2

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I (John) was at the last meeting and it was a blast! Fred :cool: and Matt :cool: are cool people to hang out with and everyone else was real nice too. This was my first time meeting any of them and I'm not a social person but they made me feel comfortable and right at home. I'm down fer sure for another get together and anyone else who decides to come won't be disappointed because there are loads of tarantulas to look at and trade with since almost everyone who attends brings some or, in Fred's case, a lot! I bought a nice little redknee from Fred for a decent price and it has GROWN in the few months I've had it. Matt has an impressive collection of T's in his office that alone are worth the trip to come look at. Okitasoshi has a good idea but there are so many T's to choose from at the meeting and I like the fact that maybe one our local friends might have what we're looking for instead of buying from a dealer. We could all go together on a cricket order instead. Here's another idea, how about a potluck lunch? Everybody could bring a "dish if they wish" or we could have like a sign up sheet here so we would have everything we need like food, soda, paper plates, etc... I'm just throwing thoughts around, what do you think? Looking forward to the next meeting, guys!(and gals)
John

sntcruzan

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Hi John,
It's good to hear from you.I'm glad that your Smithi is growing.I have a few new t's since we last met at the T meeting.
I'd think that it would be a great idea to bring some food . Maybe some deli sandwiches,drinks,chips and snacks,etc.
Do you have any new T's and have you found any other leads on Klugi's? I'll see you soon.
I think that Ken will be bringing ALOT more t's with him this time.It's an educated guess and I will also bring a bunch ,too!!!!

Fred M.
Santa Cruz

sntcruzan

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
We have a meeting place !!!!!!!!!!!

Hey all,

We have confirmed with Ken(hook333) that he will be hosting the June 30th (11 to 2 p.m. ) meeting at his location.Thank you Ken for be so generous!! Ken will have a few thousand (yes,1000's)slings/T's for sell and I'll be bring 40 or so t's ,used terrariums and some tarantula books to sell. Matt was'nt sure if he could host this time,so we will move to Concord this time.Thank you Matt (Bagheera) for hosting the previous two meetings.We hope to see you(Matt) there.Bring some "T" T-shirts,okay? He has some awesome embroidered tarantula T-shirts."I want another",said the spoiled brat.
We probably will have a light BBQ and are asking that no adult beverages be served ,as kids might be there and it would take away from the hobby atmosphere.
So bring your freinds, any t's that you want to trade or sell and let's have fun !!!

Fred MacDonell
Santa Cruz , Calif

Please RSVP with myself or Ken for location and directions.BRING A FRIEND or TWO

Last edited:

Uglykid2

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Allright, Ken! I will definitely be there. Just tell me what you want me to bring, ie: burgers, hot dogs, catsup, mustard, fruit salad, paper plates, folding tables, just ask! As before, I don't have a lot to trade with, but I might bring my adult C. crawshayi, A. bicegoi and baby wide arm mantis to gander at. :D

Last edited:

KenTheBugGuy

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Lets see

Well lets see how many people are comming for sure and I will let everyone know what to bring then. This should be fun. Just send me a message if you need my address and I will send it over. See everyone here :)