Sexually Mature Females

julesaussies

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Is there a list or reference somewhere that lists some basic info on many species - such as size of a mature female of a particular species? i've got pretty good at finding info on most species for specific questions. Sometimes it can take a lot of time and reading through many other similar threads but not exactly what i'm looking for. i don't mind continuing this way; i just thought i'd check to see if there was a single source for some organized species information that i am not finding somewhere. Thanks!

widowkeeper

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
not that ive found :( i did however find a list of what males dont hook out and a really good sexing post on another board ill send you the link if i can find it

ironmonkey78

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
search for it

try searching on more posts for your specific species. most of what ive read on here says that females mature alot sooner than we may think they do. theres also alot of posts that talk about fems from the same species maturing at different sizes. I dont think theres any specific size chart you can look at to see if your t is mature. its more of an individual thing.

cacoseraph

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
hullo :)

you could also try reading the breeding accounts here and on other forums to see the sizes of spiders that have produced sacks

luna

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
wiki / care sheet section

That is what that new wiki / care sheet section should be all about. If you have a female that you successfully breed for the first time, go there and let people know her age and size. There is information spread out in hundreds of posts on here if you want to search forever but if members really share what they experience, that could become a valuable reference.

One problem I see is I have no clue how to find the wiki / care sheet section again. I only saw it as a link in a post somewhere earlier today. Maybe it should be added to the top menu bar along with things like ArachnoGalery & ArachnoChat so people think about it and use it.

Totally off track... don't you hate the word wiki? There was a song in the early 80's with a line that had something like wiki wiki wiki ...that is probably why disco had to die.