Sexing my King baboon

Jaydee

Arachnopeon
IMG_0714.JPG IMG_0714.JPG IMG_0713.JPG Hey I was trying to sex my new baboon but still don't know how I'll post some pictures I appreciate any help given

Attachments

Chris LXXIX

ArachnoGod
Being completely honest, IMO exuvia check is the way to go, man. I don't venture in ventral sex... I don't trust my eyes that much, especially at a certain hour :-s

Are you sure btw that you provided enough ventilation to your P.muticus? I see condensation... not good.

BishopiMaster

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Being completely honest, IMO exuvia check is the way to go, man. I don't venture in ventral sex... I don't trust my eyes that much, especially at a certain hour :-s

Are you sure btw that you provided enough ventilation to your P.muticus? I see condensation... not good.
Wouldnt the condensation be more systemic on the walls if it were the result of air humidity? My enclosures are very well vented and i still get condensation underground, granted, his is a couple inches up, but it is so concentrated in one place

bryverine

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
My queen always shreds get molts, if you can't get a molt, the females get these gorgeous back legs as they get larger! :astonished:

Also, if you can focus better, it'd be easier to at least give an educated guess. Try taking a picture through a magnefying glass.

Belegnole

Tarantula Guy
Old Timer
@Jaydee, sexing from an external picture is never the best method as it is just a guess. The best is to use a exuvium to verify the sex.

@BishopiMaster and @0311usmc, I don't think that the OP had anything to do with the enclosure. Instead of looking for problems, try helping with the most immediate issue. Nothing in those pictures says bad husbandry.

sasker

Arachnoprince
Another thing comes to mind: one YouTuber mentioned that P. muticus is 'female heavy' and that males are even relatively rare. He even went as far as to suggest buying a sling as it would most likely be a female anyway. Is this true? Or does this idea stem from WC imports and the fact that mainly females entered the pet trade?