Sexing gbb molt, needing opinions?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rbed2

Arachnopeon
almost looks like i see a small flap that could be the uterus externus but not sure? i have a female and her Spermathecae was fairly small till she gained some size. Im leaning female on this but im only about 50% on it.

The more i look at the pics the more i want to say male. When you run something down between the first set of booklungs(i use a toothpick.
..some use paper) is there a flap you catch on?

Last edited by a moderator:

Jjarvis9

Arachnopeon
The more i look at the pics the more i want to say male. When you run something down between the first set of booklungs(i use a toothpick.
..some use paper) is there a flap you catch on?
Wouldn't say there is a flap but there is definitely a weird fold that catches.

Swagg

Arachnoknight
Hard to say, try to get some close ups of the area where the book lungs are so we can see more clearly. You would also get better responses if you posted this in the correct thread.

Jjarvis9

Arachnopeon
Hard to say, try to get some close ups of the area where the book lungs are so we can see more clearly. You would also get better responses if you posted this in the correct thread.
New to the page sorry. Also dont have a micro lens so this was the best I could do.

Attachments

Swagg

Arachnoknight
I would say it’s kind of small and the pictures aren’t really clear enough. I personally would lean towards female if the catches but I can’t tell for sure.

Jjarvis9

Arachnopeon
I would say it’s kind of small and the pictures aren’t really clear enough. I personally would lean towards female if the catches but I can’t tell for sure.
Well I appreciate the help, I know gbb are a more difficult species to sex at smaller sizes, I guess I'll just have to wait and see until it gets bigger and hope something gets more pronounced.

Status
Not open for further replies.