sexing centipedes?

nine livez

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
can anyone tell me how to sex vietnamese centipede's, or send me to some good www. sites that will show me how. thanks

nine livez

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
this is the best i could find. it still doesn't help me much.
Sexing
Sexing life centipedes is not easy, there are no clear signs on the overal look of centipedes to determine their gender. Genitals are situated inside the last segment underneath the ultimate legs. These genitals usually come out upon the centipedes death. Some external differences can be the shape of terminal legs (for example Sc.morsitans males have ridges on the prefemur, femur and tibia) or the pilosity of the ultimate legs (for example male Sc.dalmatica) Other external differences can be a slightly different coloration. Also it's common that females grow bigger and fatter then males.

Mr. Mordax

Arachnoking
Old Timer
The most definitive method is if it lays eggs it's a female.

cacoseraph

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
search for posts by either steven or vincent. steven is our most technically proficient hobbiest and vincent is a very skillful breeder. what they have written is by far your best bet.

short answer, you have found the certain stuff already and everything else is conjecture (not saying all of it is wrong... just not backed up by book stuff)

edit:
oh yeah, and galapoheros has some of the coolest pics and vids of cents mating that i have seen. he would be worth searching for too.

if you wanted to start a thread with links to other threads you have found then i bet some of the geekier members (like me) would use their search skills and help you fill it in