Sexing centipedes

KingBaboon352

Arachnopeon
hey everyone , I wanted to share some findings I had today from a guy out in Germany who owns some very exotic pedes . I have seen that many people in the trade will sex pedes by either one of two ways , just letting the two pedes interact and see what they do to one another, or the second method is by essentially drowning the centipede in a jar of water until it passes out . Well I have seen a new way and it seems pretty interesting yet a little sketchy just as drowning a pede. The method I'm talking about is using CO2 and making the centipede pass out in guessing due to asphyxiation. Here's some photos from his website , in no way do I take credit for these photos and may all of this information be accredited to him . He simply uses an at home soda machine . Hope this can possibly help some of you guys out here and would like to hear everyone's opinions and feed back.

Attachments

LeFanDesBugs

Arachnobaron
The funny thing is that I discover his website yesterday :D
I'm assuming that technique is already known by most people, at least I've heard about using CO2 before, but I only saw the use of CO2 airsoft cartriges being discussed on forums !
But this is indeed a very simple and probably safe way of knocking out your pede for sexing purposes ;)

KingBaboon352

Arachnopeon
I would think the soda machine would be much more user friendly , but I've never seen this till today! Cool stuff !