Sexing a pokie

Lostkat

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I got this P. fasciata (about 3" long) at the weekend from the BTS show and was wondering if anyone can tell what sex it is from this pic? I've no idea because I've never owned a pokie before and can't find any pokie sexing pics.

Thanks in advance if anyone can help :)

pelo

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Female...congrats!...peace..

>now that's an excellent picture to sex.Notice the solid triangular section/flap(epiglastic furrow?) in front of the booklungs and between the last two hind legs.It's solid.Now if it were male there would be epiandrous fuscillae(little tubulars) in the lower middle of the darker brown located in the centre/lower part of the triangular flap.Easy enough to notice the difference.And it's the same for all species of T's..not just pokies...peace..

>and at least it's not inside out this time...lol..

Last edited:

Lostkat

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Female :D:D WOW that's the best news I've had all day! I was thinking it was a male. I suppose I'd better re-read that sexing article by Rick West & co. It's so difficult to get a hang of. I think I was looking too far down or something, but I know exactly where you mean now :)

Thank you :)

pelo

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
That's the info I read.Was a little tricky to understand until you see the difference.Once seen it's like he says.It's as easy as sexing a male and female dog.Hopefully I learned it correctly or I've got about 20+ males...lol....peace..

TheWidowsPeak

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
ok so there will be little tube things sticking out of the darker area. does anyone have a good picture of this so I'll know what I'm looking for