Hello there, why not take a few seconds to register on our forums and become part of the community? Just click here.

sex my emp por favor and identify my bark scorp

Discussion in 'Scorpions' started by Animalia, Sep 12, 2009.

1. Animalia

Animalia Arachnoknight Old Timer

Advertisement
    well these arnt the best pics but help would be appriected
    btw the bark scorpion is wc froms south east texas

Attached Files:

2. Redneck

Redneck Arachnoprince

wow umm no one is going to be able to sex or id them scorps the photo are not good enough

3. Only Exotics

Only Exotics Arachnosquire Old Timer

There is no way of telling with the pics you posted they are not clear enough. Try taking some better ones with a close up of the pectines on the Emp. My guess on the bark scorp is Centruroides vittatus but you really need better photos for a proper id.

4. Animalia

:8o ok ill try my camera broke those are with my friends crappy little thing

5. Redneck

Redneck Arachnoprince

im prolly could be wrong but if you cought the bark scorp from texas it is more than likly a Centruroides vittatus they are native to texas I find them all the time i cant be 100% positive about that being that i can barly see the scorpion

6. Drachenjager

Drachenjager Arachnoemperor Old Timer

almost certainly C. vitattus. it looks like one and ion that location its about all you will find i think

7. beetleman

beetleman Arachnoking Old Timer

your emp. is a female:D

8. Animalia

lol how can u be so sure those picz are pretty bad

9. beetleman

beetleman Arachnoking Old Timer

she looks pretty robust,i can see the penctines(spelling),in the middle it's wider,where is as the males,there is no space in the middle,and the males penctines are longer,females are shorter.

10. nulir

nulir Arachnopeon

qould be, but hey, with the poor pictures you can be happy anyone can tell its a scorpion :)

11. calum

calum Arachnoprince

Pectinal length can be decieving. It's not a fail-proof method, the best part to look at is the genital operculum in the middle.

either way, the pictures are way to blurry to sex it.

12. Galapoheros

Galapoheros ArachnoGod Old Timer

I was thinking what beetleman was thinking. I can see some size/ratio with the pectines, and the pectine teeth, going by the dark blurry area, look like they might be short. But yeah, pics are real bad, hard to tell.

13. Michiel

Michiel Arachnoking Old Timer

where are the scorps? ;P

14. Bazzgazm

Bazzgazm Arachnoknight

what kinda camera did you use? lol...
    the kind where you get the rock and chisel like on the flintstones?

lol..
    anywho. good luck on your new camera!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.