Sex me, please

Arachnobrian

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
I'm guessing, it's a boy N. chromatus

I'm curious, what is the black spot next to the lower book lung on the right.

Last edited:

Talkenlate04

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
I might be on crack but that looks like a female to me. I see a flap. Can you take a closer picture of the molt? Between the upper book lungs.

Talkenlate04

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Thank god someone else agreed with me I was really thinking I was losing my mind.

I am pretty sure you have a nice female on your hands. I keep looking at it and I dont see anything that tells me male. There is a flap, and you can even make out the antenna like shape of the flap.

Oh and that spot that you are asking about is just transparent skin. Thats proberly where the book lungs were and they slid some when they molt occured. The white part you see close by it is the old book lungs basically. Those are shed each molt.

Arachnobrian

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Thanks for the responses, obviously I know little about sexing "T's". lol

Unfortunately that is the best photo my little Kodak camera can get, trust me I tried and tried.

So the dark spot above the book lung is nothing to be concerned about. Whew!

Thanks again

ballpython2

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I might be on crack but that looks like a female to me. I see a flap. Can you take a closer picture of the molt? Between the upper book lungs.
IF he can take a picture of the exoskeleton from the side it would be much easier to see if the flap was up or in that case even there at all.

Talkenlate04

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Oh no I see the flap its there, I just was asking for a better picture so that everyone else could see the flat a little better. Its a female.