Sex determination in T's

Pulk

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Sorry if this has been asked before, but looking up "sex determination" will just give results about figuring out if an individual is male or female.
I'm wondering how sex is determined in the first place in spiders, and specifically in T's. The Wikipedia article discusses a few systems, but they all are for organisms other than tarantulas.
Anyone know?

TheDarkFinder

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Sorry if this has been asked before, but looking up "sex determination" will just give results about figuring out if an individual is male or female.
I'm wondering how sex is determined in the first place in spiders, and specifically in T's. The Wikipedia article discusses a few systems, but they all are for organisms other than tarantulas.
Anyone know?
As far as I understand it, it is gene based, which means that environment does not play into the sex. I could be wrong but very few people keep what they breed, they sale them off before they can obtain the sex. A

lso, if they do sex them, they probably keep the numbers to them selfs. I do not sale what I breed. Which gives me room to talk. So far it seems to be genetic. Just like you and me are genetic.

Pulk

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
But apparently it's not the same genetic system as humans.
Have your sacs been 50/50, tdf?