Sex A. seemani

Buspirone

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I'm still learning and trying to get a grasp on the skill of determining tarantula gender so I would in no way take my inexperienced opinion as fact but I think it looks male. :? :confused: :?

BigSam

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
How is that Seemani of yours? Do you like him? Does he dig alot of tunnels? I want a burrowing tarantula that will have a hole under ground city. :D

deifiler

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Originally posted by BigSam
How is that Seemani of yours? Do you like him? Does he dig alot of tunnels? I want a burrowing tarantula that will have a hole under ground city. :D
get a usamabra/p.murinus - their web tunnels are far more extreme than the underground burrows of burrowing T's :D They are also easier to see aswell, just open the lid and they run out to nail you

oh yeah, im thinking male aswell.. though i've never looked deeply into this method so i may be wrong, but its a lot diff to my female spiders

ant1gen

Arachnopeon
Thanks for the info! I'm guessing he's male too, unfortunately.

While he doesn't burrow as much lately as he did when he was younger, he's still known to move some earth.

As a youngster, he routinely piled up he would routinely excavate half of his aquarium, down to the glass. Was so funny seeing him carrying a pile of dirt up the hill and piling it on top of the mound.

I've gotten my first P. murinus today, so we'll see how they compare.

Brandon

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Take a close look at those palps. Looks like a mature male to me. what do the rest of you think? Looks mature to me.

Sincerely

Brandon

Code Monkey

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Originally posted by Brandon
Take a close look at those palps. Looks like a mature male to me. what do the rest of you think? Looks mature to me.
I would think the fact that a mature male A. seemanni looks almost like an X. immannis minus the scruffy butt might have tipped him off if it was a mature male ;)

I'm thinking it's not.

Buspirone

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
The reasons I said male:

The epigastric furrow is a narrow flat slit with very little curve to it.
The area of the epigynal plate just behind the coxa appears to have setae.
Lastly, the fangs appear to be thin down to their base instead of widening and looking more conical toward the base.

Based on what I've read(and hopefully interpreted correctly) all indicate a male. The first 2 points really being the most significant.

JacenBeers

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Mr T took the words right frmo my fingers. The palpal bulbs are very visible in the photos. Especially in the larger one. It is 100 percent guaranteed male...no question about it.