Resolved Severe Lag on Arachnoboards

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ungoliant

Malleus Aranearum
Staff member
For the past few days, I have been experiencing intermittent bouts of severe lag on Arachnoboards. (No other sites are affected, and Speedtest shows normal results on my end.)

For example, when trying to edit titles or tags on photos, I have been getting page load times of 30+ seconds -- if they load at all. I also got one "500 Internal Server Error" today after 2 minutes of attempting to load the Random Images gallery.

It took 30 seconds to post this message after I wrote the message and hit "post."

The Seraph

Arachnolord
For the past few days, I have been experiencing intermittent bouts of severe lag on Arachnoboards. (No other sites are affected, and Speedtest shows normal results on my end.)

For example, when trying to edit titles or tags on photos, I have been getting page load times of 30+ seconds -- if they load at all. I also got one "500 Internal Server Error" today after 2 minutes of attempting to load the Random Images gallery.

It took 30 seconds to post this message after I wrote the message and hit "post."
For me it keeps saying the servers are down. Not now obviously but it has been happening lately.

Ungoliant

Malleus Aranearum
Staff member
I am again experiencing intermittent bouts of unusably long page load times when attempting to view, post, or edit.

Loading the "Troubleshooting / Suggestions" board alone took 44.1 seconds.

FrDoc

Gen. 1:24-25
Arachnosupporter +
I would add to that the other problem described above by @The Seraph. For the past week or so I have been getting “server stopped responding” messages, unassociated with any other sites.

Arachnopets

Arachnoboards Team
Staff member
We're currently looking into changing hosts. Unfortunately, we are unsure as to when that will take place.

Sorry for any inconvenience.

Debby

The Snark

Dumpster Fire of the Gods
Old Timer
We're currently looking into changing hosts. Unfortunately, we are unsure as to when that will take place.
Un-snarking for a brief moment. You, the powers that be of AB, your efforts, though veiled and obscure, are very much noted and appreciated. Best of luck finding a server that doesn't either cost the price of the Bay Bridge or is apparently owned and operated by the same folks that incited the Italian war over a bucket. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/War_of_the_Bucket

Status
Not open for further replies.