Hello there, why not take a few seconds to register on our forums and become part of the community? Just click here.

Resolved Severe Lag on Arachnoboards

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by Ungoliant, Jul 21, 2019.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ungoliant

Ungoliant Malleus Aranearum Staff Member

Advertisement
    For the past few days, I have been experiencing intermittent bouts of severe lag on Arachnoboards. (No other sites are affected, and Speedtest shows normal results on my end.)

For example, when trying to edit titles or tags on photos, I have been getting page load times of 30+ seconds -- if they load at all. I also got one "500 Internal Server Error" today after 2 minutes of attempting to load the Random Images gallery.

It took 30 seconds to post this message after I wrote the message and hit "post."

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. The Seraph

The Seraph Arachnolord Active Member

USA
    For me it keeps saying the servers are down. Not now obviously but it has been happening lately.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. sdsnybny

sdsnybny Arachnogeek Arachnosupporter

Same here on both issues

4. Arachnopets

Arachnopets Arachnoboards Team Staff Member

NY
    • Like Like x 2
  5. Ungoliant

Ungoliant Malleus Aranearum Staff Member

I am again experiencing intermittent bouts of unusably long page load times when attempting to view, post, or edit.

Loading the "Troubleshooting / Suggestions" board alone took 44.1 seconds.

6. FrDoc

FrDoc Arachnolord Active Member

I would add to that the other problem described above by @The Seraph. For the past week or so I have been getting “server stopped responding” messages, unassociated with any other sites.

7. Arachnopets

Arachnopets Arachnoboards Team Staff Member

NY
    We're currently looking into changing hosts. Unfortunately, we are unsure as to when that will take place.

Sorry for any inconvenience.

Debby

• Informative Informative x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  8. The Snark

The Snark هرج و مرج مهندس Old Timer

Un-snarking for a brief moment. You, the powers that be of AB, your efforts, though veiled and obscure, are very much noted and appreciated. Best of luck finding a server that doesn't either cost the price of the Bay Bridge or is apparently owned and operated by the same folks that incited the Italian war over a bucket. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/War_of_the_Bucket

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.