Setup for a P. imperator

Vanessa

Grammostola Groupie
I might be getting my first scorpion tomorrow - an unsexed 4" P. imperator and would like people's opinion about the setup I put together.
I'm far more familiar with tarantulas, but I have read up on this forum for scorpion care.
The lid is off in the photos, but it is a screen lid that slides and locks into place.
The substrate is coco fiber and is damp, but not wet. When I pat it down, it stays in place. That is some damp moss on top of a cork bark hide and scattered around to help retain the humidity. And a shallow water dish.
Did I do okay with this setup? Let me know if I should change anything.
Thank you!

_DSC6770-2.jpg
_DSC6767-2.jpg

shining

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
I might be getting my first scorpion tomorrow - an unsexed 4" P. imperator and would like people's opinion about the setup I put together.
I'm far more familiar with tarantulas, but I have read up on this forum for scorpion care.
The lid is off in the photos, but it is a screen lid that slides and locks into place.
The substrate is coco fiber and is damp, but not wet. When I pat it down, it stays in place. That is some damp moss on top of a cork bark hide and scattered around to help retain the humidity. And a shallow water dish.
Did I do okay with this setup? Let me know if I should change anything.
Thank you!

View attachment 216090
View attachment 216091
Actually, you set it up perfectly. All I can say is overflow the water dish some more so the lowest level of sub is somewhat more moist than the rest and restrict maybe half or less of the airflow with a piece of acrylic or old picture frame glass.

Vanessa

Grammostola Groupie
Thank you! I hope this doesn't fall through because they are very hard to get a hold of in my parts.

DreamWeaver8

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Great setup! Just make sure to keep the humitity up, covering the top will help a lot and keep that water dish full and as @shining said.

Vanessa

Grammostola Groupie
I had a piece of glass from a frame, but it was a bit too big and was letting the moisture out. I cut a piece of cardboard and covered it with plastic wrap and placed it on the top. It covers about 80% of the top.
It is keeping moisture in okay. I am still wetting down the moss every couple of days. The end that is uncovered, the furthest away from where she stays in her burrow, dries out within a day. The covered end is still a bit moist after a couple of days.
She seems to be liking the setup. I don't see her out and about unless I am fooling around in there. She comes out wanting to be fed. Mostly she sits at the mouth of her burrow. I knew to expect that, though.
I hope that she is happy considering the setup that she was in sucked and was more appropriate for a desert scorp.