Setting up slings...?

SnakeManJohn

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I was browsing for exotic and strange looking tarantulas when I came upon a picture of a few plastic boxes of slings. I remember almost every picture of slings I found here, people had them in a paper towel over a jar then screwed a lid over it. In the picture below, is this bad for the slings?

Talkenlate04

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
No I dont think so, so long as the sac was not pulled to early. If they are eggs with legs then I dont see it being that bad of an idea. If pulled and they are still eggs, then you should be rotating them somewhat still and if you cut open the sac like that you cant rotate anything without spilling eggs everywhere.

I dont know that id try it though, only because you are trying to maintain humidity in the area of the sac, and if you go to high the eggs with legs are going to stick together, and there are plenty of breeders that have seen their slings try to molt and cant because they are all clumped together, this results in mass deaths most of the time. But then again sometimes I have even had the stuck clumps molt out ok as well.

I would stick to the hammock method that I you mentioned seeing. Thats almost a fail safe method. Maybe you can contact that person and see what kind of results they are having with that method. Maybe it does work ok.

SnakeManJohn

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Good idea, thanks..I really wasn't sure and didn't want to mess anything up for my egg sac :wall: