Setting up enclosures

Christianb96

Arachnoknight
I'm getting several new scorpions tomorrow so I'm spending most of my night creating new enclosures, which I rather enjoy! Does anybody else enjoy making new enclosures, does anybody dislike it, and why?

RTTB

Arachnoprince
Due to date the amount I keep I go for simplicity and safety. I enjoy setting up for new arrivals. With the more venomous scorpions I don't like too many hidey holes as I like to know where they are at when doing maintenance.

Stugy

Arachnolord
I'm now just buying sterilite shoe boxes and filling them with sand or coconut fiber, place some cork bark and yay I'm done! I do this to save money since I'm always short on money. I find it exciting to prepare to get some new scorpions. Then again, it also makes me go crazier having to wait for them ;)

TheScorpionMan

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I'm getting several new scorpions tomorrow so I'm spending most of my night creating new enclosures, which I rather enjoy! Does anybody else enjoy making new enclosures, does anybody dislike it, and why?
I like to setup some nice enclosures for bigger specimens so the tank has some cool aesthetic to it but for smaller ones i just setup containers and kritter keepers with sand/coco bark, cork bark, and water bottle cap water dishes. I enjoy collection maintenance and enclosure setups for the most part.

Christianb96

Arachnoknight
I only have 1 tank that's pleasing to look at lol. Everything else is kept in sterilite and stays in the heating cabinet. The wait for new scorpions and inverts in general is terrible. I'm waiting for a package today with my first hot species in it. Im so excited!

TheScorpionMan

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I only have 1 tank that's pleasing to look at lol. Everything else is kept in sterilite and stays in the heating cabinet. The wait for new scorpions and inverts in general is terrible. I'm waiting for a package today with my first hot species in it. Im so excited!
Eh the wait isn't too bad for me cause i only have to wait like 2 days tops. But the anticipation does get to us all!

soldierof4cheese

Arachnoknight
I have been waiting two or more months and it is pure torment.. I am used to getting things done fast but now day's that isn't the case. The build is the most fun at the moment, just slow going.. But the anticipation does get to us all! well said..

Nephila Edulis

Arachnoknight
I'm still waiting on a king cricket that isn't going to be mature enough for shipping until it moults again which might take weeks.

As for making new enclosures they're mostly just tubs that aren't too pleasing to look at. The only exceptions that get a nice and natural setup are the more beautiful or interesting animals. My nephila normally lives in my living room and it's great to look at

scorps

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I enjoy making intricate enclosures, but for money and times sake I try to keep it a little more simple. Not super bare, I just don't spend hours on it.