Setae Flicking

darkness975

Latrodectus
Arachnosupporter +
I have always talked about how my female B. hamorii (still smithi to me) doesn't flick. Well today the nimrod was on the wall for no reason as usual and I wanted to add some substrate to her enclosure.
I gently tried to move her and she flicked twice in response. :shifty:

Not sure how many times she has done it but she now has a small bald spot. I am not a fan of the bald look I really hope she stops. But alas nothing I can do. Pretty sure it's going to be a while before her next molt.

Just frustrating.

Attachments

Leila

Arachnobaron
Meh, my B. albo has a bald booty. Who knew that she would be so trigger happy... ;)

Ellenantula

Arachnoking
For me, it's bald butt A seemanni. I assume she lines her enclosure with them -- never flicked at me.

Arachnomaniac19

Arachnolord
My X. immanis can't decide. Right now she's doing a weird half hair and half bald look. I can't say I like it.

mconnachan

Arachnoprince
look at that flicked spot on the side
Meh, my B. albo has a bald booty. Who knew that she would be so trigger happy...
For me, it's bald butt A seemanni. I assume she lines her enclosure with them -- never flicked at me.
My X. immanis can't decide. Right now she's doing a weird half hair and half bald look. I can't say I like it.
New worlds aye, can't live without them....lol