set-up to small?

briarpatch10

Arachnosquire
Is this set up to small for my g.pulchra? sorry I couldnt resist!{D

Last edited:

TomM

Arachnobaron of Pennsylvania
Old Timer
If the tarantula is able to stretch its legs out you are giving it WAY too much room! You also need some sort of substrate; you should be using nails, screws, broken glass shards, and other pointy object that retain zero moisture for maximum comfort. And most of my Ts like to wander out of their cages at night and return at dawn so a lid or cover won't be needed.{D

(obviously a joke, to anyone new to the hobby: do NOT take seriously)

CAK

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Dude! Who defanged your venomous spider? Oh, and you are missing a sponge in your water dish! Ummmm... That spider is not a pulchra.... It has to be a hybrid! :D

(again, kidding folks!)

BlackCat

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
You really need to fill it up with substrate, leave about an inch at the top, poor thing could fall! {D

Chris_Skeleton

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Oh and a correct diet for that would be cats. Don't worry about the calcium, it has to have that because everyone knows crickets are "false feeding propaganda"

captmarga

Arachnobaron
I have an 18" OBT I picked up at Target that would like to hook up with this T. Have you been able to determine if yours is male or female? I'll check mine as soon as I pry it off the neighbor's chihuahua... Letting them share a kennel while I fixed up the bathtub for it might not have been a good idea...

;P

Marga

captmarga

Arachnobaron
Tarr-Ghet, my 18" OBT, decided a Chihuahua wasn't enough and thought a guinea pig might make a good dessert...

Marga

captmarga

Arachnobaron
I don't know who was contemplating eating who... the piggy thought the OBT looked like the biggest carrot he'd ever seen...

Marga