Set up for juvenile pink toe

Katyleekoby

Arachnopeon
Hey guys!
So I just got my juvenile pink toe a few days ago and I wanted to see if my set up was okay. She seems to be doing well, crawling around, eating, and all thafun stuff. I just want to be sure because she is so small and I’m kind of intimidated 😬

I attached some pictures for reference.

also, I have a bottle cap with water in it because I misted the side of the container on the first day, but I saw a lot of people saying a cap would be just fine so I haven’t misted since. I’m wondering what would be best? She has walked over to the cap and crawled through it multiple times so I’m thinking that it what I’ll go with. I don’t want to make it too damp in the enclosure and I really don’t like the misting idea, but I am open to advice for sure!

Thanks!

Attachments

dman13760

Arachnosquire
Yeah, nice job! As far as misting, you don't need to mist the enclosure. Water-wise, I keep the dish topped off and drop some water on the web about twice a week

Chebe6886

Arachnobaron
Like @dman13760 id avoid misting. Creates a stuffy environment that’s more prone to mold/bacteria growth and really doesn’t give the spider meaningful fluids.
If you want to be sure it can get to water other than a bottle cap. You can get an eye dropper and place a few drops on webbing or leaves near it.
Other than that it looks good.

Katyleekoby

Arachnopeon
Yeah, nice job! As far as misting, you don't need to mist the enclosure. Water-wise, I keep the dish topped off and drop some water on the web about twice a week
Awesome, thank you so much!

Like @dman13760 id avoid misting. Creates a stuffy environment that’s more prone to mold/bacteria growth and really doesn’t give the spider meaningful fluids.
If you want to be sure it can get to water other than a bottle cap. You can get an eye dropper and place a few drops on webbing or leaves near it.
Other than that it looks good.
Perfect, that’s what I’ll do! Thanks!