Seriously Need Help Right Away!!!

Cooper

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
My WC Malaysian Vinnegaroon just made an eggsac!!! Do these guys make "duds" or is this for real? I have no idead what to do! ANY ADVICE NEEDED!!!! Please help me......:eek:

Wade

Arachnoking
Old Timer
I've only kept the American species (M. giganteus). IME, they will destroy the sac in a drop of a hat. Literally, a hat hitting the floor could cause enough vibration to induce them to do it! I wouldn't try to take the sac either, as the young vinnies will need to climb onto moms back scorpion style. Presumably they stay there until the first molt. After they start moving around on thier own, I'd split them up.

My advice is to leave it alone, maybe cover the cage with a piece of black fabric to block out light and stay away from it as much as possible. Hopefully the Asians aren't as touchy as the Americans and you'll have better luck than I've had so far. Twice I've had vinegaroons lay eggs, and both times they ate them, despite my best efforts to leave them alone.

Wade

Cooper

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
ok, will do. Do these guys lay "dud" eggs? Are these going to hatch? Approx. how long does it take them to hatch? I really need answers!?!?!?!?!?!?!

Last edited: