Serious question about Usambara Red from Russia

AlexRus

Arachnopeon
Mushroom Spore, :))))))))) :)))))))))))))))))))))))) :clap: :clap: :D

The answer to Your question is very simple...
Many people, including You (the coomon name You prefer to use for this very coomon spider, which scientific name is well-known and the whole genus is clearly described on my site or tarantulas.ru as well are described and the aproproate warning are given, show it very clear), prefer to ask other people a silly questions to annoing em and waste their time instead of search for a quality information to read and learn by hart a simple rules if You want to keep a spider safe and Yourself as well...
And if You don't knew that, compatriot, there're no reasons at all to describe some people stupidity...

Hey. :) You're wrong about me. I knew your website tarantulas.ru It's really good and one of most informative and actual site in russian internet,
I can say, that there are not enought useful information In runet also. Here is more. Much more. First, I was learning russian Internet and more of this time I spent on your site. I'll tell you how It helped me. It really did. For the start I thought I had Ephebopus_murinus. Heh. It's from Brazil and I named it Laura. 2 hours on your site later I suddenly find out that I was wrong. I owned Pterinochilus murinus!
And I haven't found enought useful info about It except on your site and I started to looking for it here. And I found many interesting things, for examlpe - topics Bit Reports where I could read about Usabbara's bits.
Thank you for ur webprogects. But you know spiders are not popular in Russia as here. One things really exist - here are a lot of people-experience.

Alice said:
hm, what you said about your new t doesn't sound like pterinochilus murinus because 1. most will not tolerate handling and 2. they have no urticating hairs (you said your hand burned after handling). so maybe what you got isn't a pterror at all. can you post a pic so we can be sure?

as for the ambulance - all they can do is give you pain killers in case of a bite. so i wouldn't recommend holding your t if it's really a usambra baboon
Strange. I really felt when It was moving on my hands pretty light burning. It wasn't a pain. But when I put spider back in cage I felt nothing. I'm pretty sure that I have Usambara Red bcz I see it on picure. Excellent copy of spider of mine.

gumby

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I just wanted to say welcome to the hobby OBTs are one of my faverate Ts. Ive got two of them. I wouldnt let them walk on me but they are great for watching and they will surprise you with their adaptibility. I have one set up to burrow and one set up for some extreame webbing. both are fun to watch!!!
scott

Venom

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Don't worry, they aren't nearly as bad as you think.

Yes, P.murinus has a somewhat venomous bite. Symptoms can include severe pain, swelling, redness, and some muscle cramping. However, they are NOT life-threatening, and you will NOT die--they aren't even close to being that venomous. What you will get is a very sore hand, and possibly a sore arm and some nausea. The pain goes away after a few hours to a few days, and there should be virtually no residual effects ( there is one report of prolonged minor twitching/ cramping ).

As for medical treatment, it might be worth getting some prescriptions to help with the pain and swelling, but the bite does not need antivenom, nor does it cause injury requiring treatment. It's just a matter of alleviating the pain if it gets too bad for you.

Basically, this is not a "dangerous" bite, just a very very painful one.

VooDooMan

Arachnopeon
Zdrastrvetyah!
I dont know much about this spider of yours.......But it sure looks pretty ( from the pictures I see ).
I hope you work things out - Good luck sir!

Do vsterchee

AlexRus

Arachnopeon
I just saw in BitsReports some new messages about Usambara's bites. One of its was really scared. I changed cage of my Usambara today with fear.

Day before yesterday I took my spider out of cage and put on my hand. As always She tried run away and I put her back to the cage.

And I was sure when she was running on my naked hand I felt like she was burning my skin. There wasn't a pain but light burning such existed. Strange? I heard that Usambaras dont use her fire-hair effect :)) haha

Any new opinions?:)

Last edited:

scottyk

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
I just saw in BitsReports some new messages about Usambara's bites. One of its was really scared. I changed cage of my Usambara today with fear.

Day before yesterday I took my spider out of cage and put on my hand. As always She tried run away and I put her back to the cage.

And I was sure when she was running on my naked hand I felt like she was burning my skin. There wasn't a pain but light burning such existed. Strange? I heard that Usambaras dont use her fire-hair effect :)) haha

Any new opinions?:)
Opinion #1- Stop handling it! I'm growing out six P. murinus slings, and enjoy just observing their evolving color and behaviors. I kind of agree with Cedrik that much of the discussions here seem to revolve around the danger factor. That T is going to nail you sooner or later and we'll be reading another bite report.

The other thing I'm noticing may just be a language issue. What do you mean about changing the cage? If you pick out the leftovers and waste with some foreceps, you hardly ever need to go in and do anything major. You haven't had the T long enough to really need any serious maintenance.

Good luck and I hope you continue to enjoy him. I really think you need to get that second, safer T soon. It will help to satisfy that handling urge before it gets you in trouble :rolleyes:

Scott

cheetah13mo

Arachnoking
Old Timer
I don't make a habit of it but I handle mine with no problems. If your not comfortable with it, don't do it. I however am ok with it and I found that most T's are much more defensive in surroundings they know. If I take them out of familiar surroundings, they're defensiveness all but dissappears and they seem to be easier to handle. I'm not recommending this, I'm just telling about my experiences.

AlexRus

Arachnopeon
When I said 'change cage" i meant I was totally changing cage of my spider.
I'll explain what I wanted to say exactly.
Since I bought my spider it have been living in plastic cage. There were a special long twisting moss I usually use for my Boa as subsctrat .
my spider spun by her web it and have made sphere where inside did she live.
There was a glass with water also.
I took my spider out and took her cage for a while to wash it. After I filled in it piny sawdust ans lil moss as a building materials. I delete glass out of cage.

The day left and she took her place on top of cage just under the exit and doing nothing.
She's feeling stress, maybe. I hope she'll start build new home.((

Mushroom Spore

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
After I filled in it piny sawdust ans lil moss as a building materials.
Do you mean you use sawdust in your enclosure? You shouldn't use that, it's bad for them. Especially if it's pine (I assume that's what "piny" means, ignore me if I'm wrong :) ), as pine and cedar both contain natural insecticides and are bad for small animals--invert, reptile, or mammal.

AlexRus

Arachnopeon
Do you mean you use sawdust in your enclosure? You shouldn't use that, it's bad for them. Especially if it's pine (I assume that's what "piny" means, ignore me if I'm wrong :) ), as pine and cedar both contain natural insecticides and are bad for small animals--invert, reptile, or mammal.
Oh. I din't know whats it exactly.
These are small eemmm... maybe rigid sawdust of almost same color as well as a spider. Its are not soft not rigid.
What should I use instead?:(

phil jones

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
after reading all this do any one know a good PSYCHIATRIST as my head hurts :? :? :confused: :confused: :wall: :wall: i am now hiding under the table lol {D :razz: {D :rolleyes: :rolleyes: --phil

phil jones

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
DO YOU READ YOUR POST AS SOME PEOPLE MAY THINK YOU ARE NOT AND WILL STOP TRYING TO HELP YOU SO PLEASE TRY TO ACT ON WHAT THEY ARE TELLING YOU I KNOW ITS HARD WHEN YOU ARE NEW TO ALL THIS BUT JUST TRY AND LETS HOPE IT ALL OK IN THE END :rolleyes: ;) :) __ PHIL

AlexRus

Arachnopeon
DO YOU READ YOUR POST AS SOME PEOPLE MAY THINK YOU ARE NOT AND WILL STOP TRYING TO HELP YOU SO PLEASE TRY TO ACT ON WHAT THEY ARE TELLING YOU I KNOW ITS HARD WHEN YOU ARE NEW TO ALL THIS BUT JUST TRY AND LETS HOPE IT ALL OK IN THE END :rolleyes: ;) :) __ PHIL
I'm afraid I dont understand you exactly what are you talking about?

carrieh

Arachnopeon
I'm afraid I dont understand you exactly what are you talking about?
Everyone is telling you DO NOT HANDLE IT(YOUR TRANTULA). He is telling you to listen to that or people are going to stop helping you.
Carrie

AlexRus

Arachnopeon
I dont handle It. Since I knew that it might be dangerious. I took it just once since that.
and as I said I was changing its cage with fear but I didnt touch the spider this time.