Sericopelma rubronitens caresheets? Please?

Eldric

Arachnosquire
I found a store near me that has 2 of these. I've been looking and am having a hard time finding much info on these guys. I'd love to know anything anybody has to say about these guys.
So far I've read that they can get to about 6-7in, They are VERY skittish, but fairly non agressive. I've read that they'll burrow.
I'm wondering how warm they need to be kept, and humidity levels. Also are they hard to keep like an Avic(VERY sensitive to humidity and temp?), or are they a bit hardier like a rosea? Or just kinda in between? The ones the store has are about 3/4-1in. They are CB (according to the owner). Also, is there any special care for a T that small? I've only kept bigger T's before.
ANY INFO, INSIGHT, TIPS OR COMMENTS WOULD BE MUCH APPRECIATED. Pics would also be neat
THANKS A BUNCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cjacques

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I have one of these beauties. Not sure on the max size but mine is somewhere in the 5 inch range. It took her a little over a month to settle into her enclosure but when she finally did she dug quite the burrow. I keep her in a 10 gallon tank 2/3 deep with co co substrate. I keep it moist but not damp. One of my favorite Ts and she eats like a horse. Lots of attitude.
My only word of advice... BUY IT! BUY IT NOW!!

Eldric

Arachnosquire
THANK YOU!!! I appreciate the reply. I will probally pick it up, I just wanted a bit more info though :cool: I had never heard of these and I had NO CLUE about temprament, upkeep etc... I have had a few T's before, but wanted to see if this one would be much different. Any one else have much to say about them?????
With it being about 3/4 to 1'in Is there anything special I should do differently than with a bigger T? Thanks :D

Paulie B

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I too have a 5" sp. Great T they really are, big and impressive. She loves to burrow and will go as deep as you allow her with your sub level. I have not handled her but I reckon she would be OK to do so. I dont find her over skittish either. Pick it up for sure. There is very little info online in terms of care sheets etc.