Separating Scorplings

bowieisbae

Arachnopeon
My P. Imperators are about 6 weeks old, and have been fine being communal without their mom for a few weeks, but I don't think I see all 17 anymore. They have made burrows, and they could be hiding, but I think I'm going to separate them.
How should I provide heat for them all? Should I put a heat lamp above all their deli cups? Or put the cups on a heat strip?
Any advice is appreciated!!

BobBarley

Arachnoprince
Whatever works. If you use heat mats or heat cables, make sure it isn't on the underside of the container. Sides should be fine. If you use a lamp, be careful of its quickly-drying capabilities.

bowieisbae

Arachnopeon
Whatever works. If you use heat mats or heat cables, make sure it isn't on the underside of the container. Sides should be fine. If you use a lamp, be careful of its quickly-drying capabilities.
Ok thanks! This might be a dumb question, but why not bottom heat?
This is all new to me, I wasn't planning on babies, I thought I bought all male scorpions..so I'm just learning as I go :)

Christianb96

Arachnoknight
basically you just need a sealed cabinet, and a heat source that is capable of heating the whole section or sections, and a thermostat to control the tempature. mine is pretty basic and ineffcient, but it works very well! 20170505_183048.jpg

ArachnoDrew

Arachnoprince
Basic!? Lol mine is basic. Hollowed out dresser. With a no light ceramic heat bulb. Keeps it at 95 on the hot end and 80s on the cool end .

Attachments