Sensitive Subject: If you die . . .

Bjamin

Arachnosquire
My fiance would keep them all and all of you would be subject to constint post every time they ate didn't eat, moved oddly or stayed still to long, molted or didn't you get the idea but at least I would be dead;P

captmarga

Arachnobaron
Well, it is a sensitive subject, but it's one everyone who owns anything of material value and has any relatives needs to think about - ie, we all do. I lost my husband suddenly just a year ago (Dec 29th, 2009). He basically fell out of his office chair dead. Quit breathing, heart stopped. He was 44 years old.

Luckily, he and I had ALWAYS talked about what our plans were. We had a will, we made sure that plans for our daughter were first and foremost. What to do about Life Support situations, organ donation, how to sell off the cars, have our various collections of stuff appraised and distributed, who was to get the animals.

When he passed away, the first thing I did was go update my own life insurance policy and write out a new will. My daughter, my mom, my friends, all know and have in writing what is to be done with my collections of figurines, costuming, and the animals. What the kiddo wants to keep she may, the rest would be taken to the local group and parcelled off, with the help of the co-worker who helps me care for them daily.

I'm saying this to everyone... regardless of your actual family status (married, single, engaged, childless, etc...). If you do not have a will, write one up! Even something handwritten on paper, photocopied, dated and given to your best friends and mom/son/whatever is better than nothing at all. This way they have some idea of what to do with everything.

The OTHER thing that many people don't think about, though slightly OT, is to make sure one person you trust knows at least ONE of your daily email passwords. If it had not been for me knowing my husband's main password, I could not have shut down his ebay, yahoo, etc, etc, etc online accounts and such. A year later and he still has job offers coming in, as I cannot take down old resumes that were sent out via MONSTER and the like.

I'm not saying give EVERYTHING to someone, but have it in a place where it can be found should the horrid possibility arrive. We're all going to pass on some day, it's a fact of being human. I hope it is a long time from now for all of us, but I know from recently experience just how much is involved!

Respectfully,

Marga (Leah)

jimip

Arachnosquire
well i want everyone to go with me but the end of the world on my death plan is not going so well. i also have allot of friends that would take them.... or fight over them.... it depends.