Sending photos via pm

Venom1080

Arachnoemperor
Is there a way to do this I'm unaware of?? This would be a great addition I think. Rather then making a thread or sending photos through text or something.

EulersK

Arachnonomicon
Staff member
It didn't used to be a feature when the new site rolled out, but it has since been implemented.

On the bottom right of the text box where you type, there is an "Upload a File" button. Exactly like posting normally, you can upload a picture that way. For some reason, it takes forever to upload through PM, but it does indeed work.

cold blood

Staff member
The only way I have been able to get a pic into a pm was with a gallery imbed.

EulersK

Arachnonomicon
Staff member
@AphonopelmaTX
Not sure what's going on here. I spoke with @Venom1080 via PM to try and help him out, and he doesn't have it either. We're both using our phone, running Android, and even using Chrome Beta.

AphonopelmaTX

Staff member
@AphonopelmaTX
Not sure what's going on here. I spoke with @Venom1080 via PM to try and help him out, and he doesn't have it either. We're both using our phone, running Android, and even using Chrome Beta.
Interesting. Perhaps there is a difference in how the mobile version of the site is rendered depending on what version of Android is being used. Or maybe Android has some kind of security setting which restricts the functionality in place in the web page from accessing the file system.

My help here is limited since I'm an Apple user with no Microsoft or Google devices anywhere in sight to test with. I double checked on my iPhone 7 with iOS 10.3.3 in Safari and see the button. The screenshot I posted above was taken in Chrome version 60.0.3112.113 on a Macbook Pro macOS Sierra version 10.12.6.

EulersK

Arachnonomicon
Staff member
My help here is limited since I'm an Apple user with no Microsoft or Google devices anywhere in sight to test with. I double checked on my iPhone 7 with iOS 10.3.3 in Safari and see the button. The screenshot I posted above was taken in Chrome version 60.0.3112.113 on a Macbook Pro macOS Sierra version 10.12.6.
Well, if it helps, I'm on Android 5.0 with Chrome Beta 60.0.3112.116

cold blood

Staff member
Interesting. Perhaps there is a difference in how the mobile version of the site is rendered depending on what version of Android is being used. Or maybe Android has some kind of security setting which restricts the functionality in place in the web page from accessing the file system.

im on a laptop

TownesVanZandt

Arachnoprince

This is how it looks for me. I´m on Chrome version 61.0.3163.79 on a MacBook Air, macOS Sierra version 10.12.6

Skjermbilde 2017-09-07 kl. 15.42.29.png