Send in the clowns... er, slings

EulersK

Arachnonomicon
Staff member
IMG_1289.JPG

Well, that was a project.

I've got a very nice haul coming in from @cold blood after he made me an amazing offer. I've also got three very nice additions from the lovely @Casey K as a trade for a truckload of roaches. In all, here's what's on the way. All except two are slings, and quantities have been omitted.

G. pulchripes
B. smithi
B. vagans (juvie female!)
P. sazimai (young juvie/old sling)
A. ezendami
P. cambridgei

Obviously, pictures will come when I get the spiders. CB's haul should be coming today, and Casey's will be here early next week. Let's do this! Now excuse me while I find space for these slings...

Chris LXXIX

ArachnoGod
Man I love that giant jar on the left. This is one of the thing I envy to the United States of Obesity... we doesn't have such bulky food jars available at hand in our "Oh Mediterranean diet!" obsessed sort of Wal-Mart/s nor food shopping centers so I have to rely, if I want one, to the obscure online world, paying an helluva of shipping and custom taxes since "Eyetalians" customs people are full "Thief In Law". Unfair :(

Casey K

Arachnoknight
Lol....got your hands full! I wouldn't mind some help, myself, so when you're finished with the clowns, be sure and send them my way, lol! This is my weeks worth of tarantulas (already came in and some I'm waiting on to pick up at PO today):

0.2 B. klaasi
0.0.5 H. schmidti "gold"
0.0.1 C. peresmilesi*?
0.0.1 C. olivacea
1.11 B. vagans (juvie to sub adult & MM)
1.1.5 X. immanis (2 adults & 5 juvies)
0.2 AF P. platyomma
0.1 AF H. himalayana
0.1 AF O. aureotibilialis
0.1 AF L. violaceopes
0.1 AF H. nepalensis
0.1 AF H. lividum
0.1 AF L. sp. borneo
0.0.1 juvie A. metallica
0.0.3 H. villosella
0.1 AF B. albopilosum

.........I think that's it.....for this week.....next week is only a few days away!!! Lol....

EulersK

Arachnonomicon
Staff member
Man I love that giant jar on the left. This is one of the thing I envy to the United States of Obesity... we doesn't have such bulky food jars available at hand in our "Oh Mediterranean diet!" obsessed sort of Wal-Mart/s nor food shopping centers so I have to rely, if I want one, to the obscure online world, paying an helluva of shipping and custom taxes since "Eyetalians" customs people are full "Thief In Law". Unfair :(
It's actually not that large, it only came with 1kg of peanuts. My Goddess is currently in the same setup. They handle burrowers very well - sturdy and deep!

Lol....got your hands full! I wouldn't mind some help, myself, so when you're finished with the clowns, be sure and send them my way, lol! This is my weeks worth of tarantulas (already came in and some I'm waiting on to pick up at PO today):

0.2 B. klaasi
0.0.5 H. schmidti "gold"
0.0.1 C. peresmilesi*?
0.0.1 C. olivacea
1.11 B. vagans (juvie to sub adult & MM)
1.1.5 X. immanis (2 adults & 5 juvies)
0.2 AF P. platyomma
0.1 AF H. himalayana
0.1 AF O. aureotibilialis
0.1 AF L. violaceopes
0.1 AF H. nepalensis
0.1 AF H. lividum
0.1 AF L. sp. borneo
0.0.1 juvie A. metallica
0.0.3 H. villosella
0.1 AF B. albopilosum

.........I think that's it.....for this week.....next week is only a few days away!!! Lol....
No wonder you were thinning the herd! You've definitely got your hands full, that's for sure. I'm loving the haul, too. Very nice.

Andrea82

Arachnoemperor
View attachment 222410

Well, that was a project.

I've got a very nice haul coming in from @cold blood after he made me an amazing offer. I've also got three very nice additions from the lovely @Casey K as a trade for a truckload of roaches. In all, here's what's on the way. All except two are slings, and quantities have been omitted.

G. pulchripes
B. smithi
B. vagans (juvie female!)
P. sazimai (young juvie/old sling)
A. ezendami
P. cambridgei

Obviously, pictures will come when I get the spiders. CB's haul should be coming today, and Casey's will be here early next week. Let's do this! Now excuse me while I find space for these slings...
Guess you'll be sleeping in the hallway then :D

Chris LXXIX

ArachnoGod
It's actually not that large, it only came with 1kg of peanuts. My Goddess is currently in the same setup. They handle burrowers very well - sturdy and deep!
Sadly we don't have those :(

(those jars I mean, not peanuts... btw ah ah ah, Peanut was also the name of that Theraphosidae a user asked how to tame :)

The Simpsons (and me enjoying U.S life in the '90) corrupted me... once Homer in a episode was in a shopping center and destroyed a shelf full of huge XXXL Strawberry drink (or similar) glass bottles and they almost drowned ah ah :-s

EulersK

Arachnonomicon
Staff member
Sadly we don't have those :(

(those jars I mean, not peanuts... btw ah ah ah, Peanut was also the name of that Theraphosidae a user asked how to tame :)

The Simpsons (and me enjoying U.S life in the '90) corrupted me... once Homer in a episode was in a shopping center and destroyed a shelf full of huge XXXL Strawberry drink (or similar) glass bottles and they almost drowned ah ah :-s
Americans do love their excess. A perfect example is the jug that cheeseballs come in. Do you folks have this over there? They're amazing for burrowers. I've seen other people use them for arboreals as well.
Utz-Cheese-Balls-23-oz.jpg

Chris LXXIX

ArachnoGod
Americans do love their excess. A perfect example is the jug that cheeseballs come in. Do you folks have this over there? They're amazing for burrowers. I've seen other people use them for arboreals as well.
View attachment 222412
Yup we have those but only in normal paper package, like the chips ones. Not in jars (of course I have no clue if those arrived recently, but in general, no never) :)

Chris LXXIX

ArachnoGod
Americans do love their excess.
I have noticed that, everything is "big" :)
I traveled the East and West coast, Florida, Missouri etc and you want to know IMO the best place I visited in the U.S? Lake Tahoe, Nevada. So amazing and peaceful.

EulersK

Arachnonomicon
Staff member
I traveled the East and West coast, Florida, Missouri etc and you want to know IMO the best place I visited in the U.S? Lake Tahoe, Nevada. So amazing and peaceful.
Absolutely! I have a friend that lives up in Reno. Whenever I visit her, we spend a few days at the lake. Gorgeous. This last year, the water level was higher than it's been in years, but the water was freezing because of the snow runoff.

Estein

Arachnoknight
I've also got a young female B. vagans coming in from @CaseyK next week! (I assume yours is from her also.) Have fun with your new tarantu-loot! :D

Ashley2070

Arachnopeon
Those mini sterilite/whatever they are tubs are awesome where'd you pick those up?

EulersK

Arachnonomicon
Staff member
Those mini sterilite/whatever they are tubs are awesome where'd you pick those up?
Really Useful Boxes :D And I got mine from Staples, but you can buy them online.

Here's how to make them even better:

cold blood

Staff member
View attachment 222412
What do you do with those nasty cheesy poofs? I hope you aren't eating them...man theyre so gross.:vomit:

My lake is bigger...and just as cold:D

cold blood

Staff member
But do you have random unmarked nude beaches? That's the real question.

Tahoe is a wonderful place.
Probably, its a gigantic lake...I'd be surprised if there weren't a beach or two...lol.

We do have a few inland lakes that are notorious for...how do I say this....seeing boobs.:zipit: Okauchee and Geneva come to mind...both big time party lakes.

EulersK

Arachnonomicon
Staff member
Probably, its a gigantic lake...I'd be surprised if there weren't a beach or two...lol.

We do have a few inland lakes that are notorious for...how do I say this....seeing boobs.:zipit: Okauchee and Geneva come to mind...both big time party lakes.
I just realized where you live. You're not allowed to claim a great lake as a comparison to Tahoe :shifty:

It is beautiful, though. I was up in Michigan last week, saw the lake for the first time. Yep. Cold alright.

cold blood

Staff member
I just realized where you live. You're not allowed to claim a great lake as a comparison to Tahoe :shifty:

It is beautiful, though. I was up in Michigan last week, saw the lake for the first time. Yep. Cold alright.
You shoulda stopped in WI;) Its a much better state than Michigan...at least we don't have anything like Detroit.:wideyed: