Semi dead cormocephalus please help

Staehilomyces

Arachnoprince
image.jpeg One of my new Cormos has suddenly gone strange. It's legs on the back half are curled up as if it were dead, but the front is normal, and the pede is behaving quite normally. It's currently burrowed underground. Can anyone help me with this strange occurrence? It's showing no signs of dying just yet.

Hisserdude

Arachnoking
Yeah, sometimes parts of the bodies of centipedes will appear to die before others, your Cormocephalus is dying, and unfortunately there's really nothing you can do about it. :( Very sorry man.

Mastigoproctus

Centiman
I'd preserve it while still twitching to preserve color, 90% alcohol cut down vary lightly works good or hand sanatizer with high alcohols content works.

Scoly

Arachnobaron
Sorry to hear dude. It's shit watching someone/thing die.

You sure it's not just too dry though? How about placing it in a really humid tub for a bit? (I'm sure the guys above have more experience, but...)

WeightedAbyss75

Arachnoangel
Oh, forgot to announce, it's recovered. It's even eating!
It could have just been in a wierd position for whatever reason. I know many of my insect get into some strange positions similar to death curl, only to know they are fine an hour later XD

Staehilomyces

Arachnoprince
Yes. As a matter of fact I released it. It was a little too small for my liking. Anyway, it made a full recovery.

Staehilomyces

Arachnoprince
In addition, I'd like to clarify that I released it where I found it, so there is no danger of starting introduced populations or such. We only keep natives in Australia anyway.