Selling your collection

KoriTamashii

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I've seen more and more people do it lately... and now I get to jump on that bandwagon... Not selling everything, just a few of the bigger T's. Augh.

So, let's have a happy thread.

What is the one T in your collection you would NEVER trade or sell?

And I like pics. Pics are good.

malevolentrobot

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
okay, i'll bite. this is my little dude, wrex. he eats like a champ, never hides, greets the sun (i swear to you he does) and is the jewel of my collection and worth every penny of the $65 i spent on him:

sorry ladies, this stunning boy wont be out on loan when the time comes :D

captmarga

Arachnobaron
He's quite stunning! I don't know... I've never sold or even given away a tarantula. Now that I have 16... could I choose? I suppose I could trade off one of the OBTs, but not Mae West (C thorelli), or the Togo... or...

Yes indeed, difficult call.

Marga

AudreyElizabeth

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
I don't think I could part with any of them just yet, but I would never part with the geniculata in my avatar, my P. murinus because she was my first tarantula, or my Brachypelma albopilosum. They all have sentimental value, these three. I've had the OBT and curly hair for almost eight years!!

EightLeggedFrea

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Oh god, I hate these posts. I always feel compelled to answer, but never know quite how! Every time I think "if I could keep all but ONE T (from my current collection), who would it be?" I always think "THAT one, no wait, THAT one, NO..." So difficult to decide.

That said, my "true" answer would have to be "Rita"

When I first got interested in the hobby I always wanted a female smithi, it was my dream T. She never hides, almost always eats, and the species is probably my favorite color-wise. "Rita" is actually in contest with 3 other Ts for the title of "keep only ONE:"

Rosie, G. rosea -first I got, so she has sentimental value. Everybody else likes her because she's friendly with the hands (though she did flash me her fangs ONCE).

Don't let this fool you, she's as docile as a kitten LOL!

Tiny, T. blondi -worlds. largest. spider. What more needs to be said? I these things have brutal hairs (so I've heard), but I've never suffered any serious hair assaults (must be lucky so far lol). She molted recently, so she must be up to 7+" with plenty of growing to go. I love her killer appetite, too; she gulped down three large roaches (one adult male Dubia and two sub-adult hissers) within a whole day's time without any problem at all.

Angelique, P. regalis -got her as a Christmas gift. I don't think I even need to go into detail about what makes this species appealing! The only real problem would be her brutal bite (but she's never shown any defensive behavior).

TomM

Arachnobaron of Pennsylvania
Old Timer
Right now I'd have to say that my favorite is my Pamphobeteus sp. "South Ecuador" which is in premolt right now. Here's a pic from a few months ago:

sharpfang

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Nfs

Hey Cori ;)

I could Not ever part w/ my Larger Subfusca F

Or our Black Lab "Sophie" {puppy pic} :p

captmarga

Arachnobaron
So many gorgeous Ts! I love the Pamph sp... Want. Want. And all the pokies and their color phases. Holding out for a P metallica at some point.

Marga

Pociemon

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
I will never get rid of her;

She is as easy going as they come!

BrettG

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Either our A.metallica females,or our P.rufilata females.Pretty much a toss up.

presurcukr

Arachnolord
Old Timer
Not that I would ever sell my collection but if I had to keep just one of the 200 it would be my B.baumgarteni

He is still a juvenile but his color is coming out now after his last molt.

Stopdroproll

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
All the Ts I have in my collection are the ones that I really wanted, so I don't think I would sell any of them unless I really need money. (Smithi, GBB, Brocklehusti, Pulchripes, Darlingi, Irminia). If I had to keep one, it would be the P. irminia or GBB.

KoriTamashii

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
If I had to choose, I wouldn't know where to start...

Even though she's evil, and insane, my 2" P. regalis, Stella, is among my favorites... she's neurotic and immensely fun to watch.

Pinky, my first A. avic is as sweet as they come, and has always been a champ for eating and webbing...

Ugh, I don't think I could choose, either. :8o

Arachnoholic420

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
How could I even consider getting rid of this???

Of couse!!! what can we expect from you Mr.Pulchra!!!! {D
Havent seen you around lately... Hope you and your pulchra's are doing well!!!!

Nice Black T!!!!!!

Peace!!!!

KoriTamashii

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Pinky, my first A. avic is as sweet as they come, and has always been a champ for eating and webbing...
So, whilst feeding and watering tonight... I found Pinky dead.

I have pics, so I will start up a thread in a few minutes. Really upset right now.

It looks like she might have fallen and injured herself and then died. She was just fine when I saw her last a few days ago.

Chris_Skeleton

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Out of my girlfriend and I's 11 Ts, there is no way I could part with our two G. pulchripes (one's 5" and the other ~6.5") or our 6.5" LP. Got them at ridiculously great deals and they are all the most docile in our collection.