Selenotypus sp 4

Doozel

Arachnopeon
Hi everyone.
I'm an Australian that has just got into keeping arachnids. I purchased a selenotypus sp 4 and need help with the proper setup to keep her happy and healthy. I'm not happy with what was recommended to me as I think it loses too much moisture with the mesh roof. Any and all help would be appreciated. Thanks

creepa

Arachnoknight
Is this an inland/desert species?, or more tropical?

Keep it on deep substrate and if its tropical keep it moist and if its a desert species dry.

Most of us not Aussies have zero to nunn (hehe) experience with aussie species because they are rare outside Australia.

Jones0911

Arachnobaron
If this is anything like the Australian genus Phlogius keep it on dry deep substrate.

It should grow fast and might have hotter venom than most other OW Ts!!

Hope I helped!!

creepa

Arachnoknight
If this is anything like the Australian genus Phlogius keep it on dry deep substrate.

Hope I helped!!
Imo. this is way to general speaking...

For example Selenocosmia (phlogius) crassipes comes from Queensland and has a tropical/subtropical climate and should be kept on moist deep substrate...

advan

oOOo
Staff member

Hope I helped!!
Why? Do you think all of Aussie is a desert? Have you seen the locations majority of Phlogius come from?

Jones0911

Arachnobaron
Ok if y'all don't agree then tell him your opinion, I was going by how I used to keep them when I had a few species and they were fine.

If you know better then tell him so problem solved

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Why? Do you think all of Aussie is a desert? Have you seen the locations majority of Phlogius come from?
True, my friend lives in a town down there, looks just like Hawaii.