Selecosmia Philippinus

teamster6

Arachnopeon
Darn I hope I spelled this one right!! Has anybody seen this species offered anywhere?? I see some similar ones on kens sight but I dont see this one. It looks to be very stunning. Searching I cant find a whole lot about it.

t6

Philth

N.Y.H.C.
Old Timer
You prob mean Selenobrachys philippinus, they have been offered for sale in the past in small #'s , and those slings are big enough to be mated now, so with some luck you should see CB ones in the states sometime in the near future.

Later, Tom

teamster6

Arachnopeon
I ran onto a picture of that t on the net. The selecosmia philippinus was the name on it. I think you are right as I ran accross your discription also and it looks like the same t. Did not know if they had it named wrong or if this one one of the species that they changed the name on.

The look really sharp hopefully somebody will breed them.

t6

kean

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Philth is right it's Selenobrachys Philippinus.. If I am correct.. the only known Selenocosmia sp. here are the Peerboomi and the Samarae.. though many more needs to be explored.. :D

well i've seen some for sale here in our country.. most if not all are still wild caught.. i still can't remember anyone breeding them here in captivity.. and selling captive bred slings..

haven't seen slings up for sale for a long time now.. there was a batch of slings though.. i think from a wild caught specimen that popped a sack..

my friend had 2 but both escaped.. they are pretty darn fast when they are small..

gorgeous T when they reach adulthood.. and has a nasty attitude too.. :D