Segestria florentina care

Veles

Arachnobaron
Has anyone here kept or interacted with them? Haven't seen or heard that anyone was keeping these, but they seem like an interesting species to own.

ColeopteraC

Arachnobaron
I’ve kept them a few times(WC, caught them around and about), used to be two big females hanging around in holes outside my door where taps once were, I loved feeding them! Simply coax one out of a tunnel (toothbrush or cricket) and capture it, you need to provide a substitute tunnel within the enclosure if you plan to keep them. This can be done via piling up 4 stones and leaving a largeish gap in the middle or using egg cartons. Any way to provide a tunnel or gap is welcome.

They are pet holes but are stunning when they come out to feed.

Veles

Arachnobaron
I’ve kept them a few times(WC, caught them around and about), used to be two big females hanging around in holes outside my door where taps once were, I loved feeding them! Simply coax one out of a tunnel (toothbrush or cricket) and capture it, you need to provide a substitute tunnel within the enclosure if you plan to keep them. This can be done via piling up 4 stones and leaving a largeish gap in the middle or using egg cartons. Any way to provide a tunnel or gap is welcome.

They are pet holes but are stunning when they come out to feed.
Empty toilet roll carton could be useful too (just use thinner ones).