Seems to be alive. Should I move it to something else?

Goopyguy56

Arachnoangel
Even darker today. Something should happen soon enough. Not sure when to expect the molt. It's a Brachypelma after all

NukaMedia Exotics

#1 Tarantula Vendor in the USA! Ships Nationwide.
It molted yesterday. I usually wait to feed too but with smaller slings I have fed after a day or 2. Maybe I have been doing it wrong.
I feed soon after molts and this would be my recommendations for soonest post-molt feedings. Tiny tiny slings 2 days, slings the size of yours 3 days, juvies 5 days, sub-adults 7 days and adults 10 days.

exdablju

Arachnopeon
Even darker today. Something should happen soon enough. Not sure when to expect the molt. It's a Brachypelma after all
Any update? Can you send a photo? :)

I feed soon after molts and this would be my recommendations for soonest post-molt feedings. Tiny tiny slings 2 days, slings the size of yours 3 days, juvies 5 days, sub-adults 7 days and adults 10 days.
So in your opinion better to feed soon after molt than later? I mean it will be super wrong to wait 3-4 days for feeding a sling after molt? What are the benefits of feeding earlier?

Goopyguy56

Arachnoangel
It's on its side this morning. Not sure if it is going to molt or not. It may sound like it is going to since its on its side but it has often times tipped itself over the last few months since it only has 2 good legs on one side. I would often find it on its back trying to get back on its feet. I usually help it roll back but since it is so close to a molt I chose to leave it alone in case it is actually going to soon. Im trying to not disturb it untill it molts

EpicEpic

Arachnoangel
Any update? Can you send a photo? :)

So in your opinion better to feed soon after molt than later? I mean it will be super wrong to wait 3-4 days for feeding a sling after molt? What are the benefits of feeding earlier?
I feed way after post molt. There are no advantages of feeding earlier IMHO. Even slings wait 10 days before feeding again for me. Would hate to break both fangs and die. Nothing will happen by waiting.

Goopyguy56

Arachnoangel
It is mostly out the last leg that was twisted seems to be stuck. Not sure if I should do something. The abdomen is mostly off so the new booklungs are not covered

Well I helped out a little. The two last legs didn't want to come out. Still don't think im out of the woods yet but here she is

Im still nervouse because it didn't really move much when I was taking a cotton swab to the rear legs

Attachments

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks good.Well done.
I never had any luck when intervened during moult but yours looks good.
Keep the updates coming :)
Regards Konstantin

EpicEpic

Arachnoangel
Im still nervouse because it didn't really move much when I was taking a cotton swab to the rear legs
I'd be optimistic it was just exhausted!!!

Looks Sooooooo much better....did not expect all that in 1 molt!

Goopyguy56

Arachnoangel
I think part of the issue is that all the new legs were so much shorter and came loose first. There wasn't enough force to push the three longer ones out

mjzheng

Arachnosquire
Good job little one!!! This makes me so happy. It's probably exhausted

Dorifto

He who moists xD
I'd call it mr potato, it's passing all the phases: from potato without legs, now is a germinating potato, and a full grown mr potato 😂😂😂😂