seeking advice on Cyriopagopus sp care

loxoscelesfear

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
aquired my first Cyriopagopus species sold as a "thai rump"
current set up : potting soil, dry moss mix substrate
temp mid eighties
eats and drinks for me
my main question do they have to have deep soil to burrow , or is a paper towel roll sufficient? i dont want the animal to stress because it cant burrow . it is almost full grown any input would be great thanks

ShadowBlade

Planeswalker
Old Timer
First off, what country do you live in? It sounds more like a Haplopelma, any chance for pics?

Second, they're going to want moist substrate.

Third, no paper towel roll needed, deep substrate for burrowing, and some bark or fake plants for webbing.

-Sean

Last edited:

ballpython2

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
aquired my first Cyriopagopus species sold as a "thai rump"
current set up : potting soil, dry moss mix substrate
temp mid eighties
eats and drinks for me
my main question do they have to have deep soil to burrow , or is a paper towel roll sufficient? i dont want the animal to stress because it cant burrow . it is almost full grown any input would be great thanks
If you can make it deep enough to put a toilet paper roll in the substrate (because these are much smaller than a paper towel roll) and see if the S.P. blue will use it as a premade burrow.

With my blues enclosures I just put some substrate in there and some fake plant parts and they made deep burrows into it and usually stay there all the time..however in my OBT enclosure it doesn't hav enough substrate to burrow so I put a PAPER towel roll in there and it uses that as a burrow without issues and it feel really secure in there. As a matter of fact as we speak my OBT as blocked off its burrow entrances I guess its in the molting phases or just wants to be left alone. Here is a picture of the OBT enclosure:

loxoscelesfear

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
location U.S. the spider was given to me and recently purchased at a show i have heard there is much debate concerning Cyriopagopus and some dealers sell Haplopelma as Cyriopagopus. the substrate is moist i will j/ add more to the enclosure no pic for now but the critter eats like a machine which is good thanks for the input