Seeing as everyone seems to like moult pictures...

Lopez

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Here's my baby Miguel (Curly hair) moulting last week. I thought these things were supposed to be slow growers? He almost doubled in size!

After nearly 3 hours on his back utterly motionless, the actual moult was done and dusted in around half an hour

Lopez

Arachnoking
Old Timer

Shortly after that last pic was taken (a few days after the moult) he and ate 9 mealworms in one sitting. :eek:

MrT

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Oh yes,
Great molting pics.
You've got to love taking those..:D

Ernie

Code Monkey

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Good pictures and anyone who told you that curlies are slow growers was full of it. You can raise a female from egg sac to dropping an egg sac of her own in under two years. They're one of the fastest growing Ts out there.

Lopez

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Originally posted by Code Monkey
Good pictures and anyone who told you that curlies are slow growers was full of it. You can raise a female from egg sac to dropping an egg sac of her own in under two years. They're one of the fastest growing Ts out there.
Excellent :D It literally sits there and eats until it gets those wierd "stretch marks" on it's abdomen. It's the one spider I think could overfeed. When I first got it it ploughed its way through 15 crickets in 4 days. Absolute eating machine.

The_Phantom

Scarlet O' Hairy
Old Timer
:eek: Wow, those are fantastic! If curlies grow that fast, then how long do they live ? I would so love to get another T, but its just not in the budget w/a 400 $ vet bill! :(

Lopez

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Thanks for the comments guys - I'm really getting the hang of using the Macro mode on my camera now. :)

I'm told female Curlies live for around 15 years. To be honest, I'd never even considered keeping one as I thought they were boring, but they're a gorgeous T in the flesh, and have a very solid and chunky build. :)

Bry

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Lopez, those are some sweet pics. I'm in the market for a new digi cam. What kind is yours?

Bry

Lopez

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Mine is a Fuji Finepix A204. It's basically this years version of the 2600Zoom I think, but it takes 2 batteries instead of 4, and battery life is improved too.

Cost me £175 a couple of months ago.

Last edited:

SpiderTwin

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Curly Hair Molt

Very nice Pics Lopez!
I haven't been lucky enough to catch any of my T's in the process of molting yet. I just got a digital camera and I am hoping to get some pics eventually. Thanks for sharing your pics.

Lostkat

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Re: Curly Hair Molt

I got the same camera as Leon because I was so impressed with his pictures when he took some of my B. emilia. Macro mode is an absolute godsend :) The best investment I've made this year!