Security

Arachnethegreek

Arachnopeon
This may belong in chat, but it could go either way, i'm slightly confused as to a truly secure cage for a T. In the TKG it says that sweater boxes and kritter keepers are acceptable, but then later denounced KK's as unsecure. I'm soon going to aquire a 5" G. Acteaon and would like opinions on weather a largest size KK is going to be secure enough

WARPIG

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Get a 2.5 or 5 gal fish tank with screen lid rather than a KK, much better than KK, won't scratch and the cube shape gives you more room.

PIG-

Musicwolf

Arachnoknight
Get a 2.5 or 5 gal fish tank with screen lid rather than a KK, much better than KK, won't scratch and the cube shape gives you more room.

PIG-
I agree with Pig that a fish tank is better, but I think a KK is fine if you already have one. The big thing with the KK is to make sure you don't pick it up by just the top (it can fall accidently) or a handle (take it off if it has one). Also, small slings could possibly fit through the vents, but it should be secure for a juvie or adult. Just make sure that the KK's catches aren't broken . . . I'm sure they'll wear out over time.

Suzjohnson

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I agree with Pig that a fish tank is better, but I think a KK is fine if you already have one. The big thing with the KK is to make sure you don't pick it up by just the top (it can fall accidently) or a handle (take it off if it has one). Also, small slings could possibly fit through the vents, but it should be secure for a juvie or adult. Just make sure that the KK's catches aren't broken . . . I'm sure they'll wear out over time.
Yes, they do get loose, scary loose actually. After you remove the handles, run something through the loops. I use one of the metal skewers that come in a turkey trussing kit. It has a loop on one end and is just flexible enough to make it over the little door. :)