Secret molt?

vtecgsr

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
My a. genic webbed himself up for over a week and now hes out and looks bigger but theres no molt "shell". Is it possible he molted and buried it or something?????

CedrikG

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Sometimes the exuvium are quite well hidden, probably deep in its hide or with a little substrate and/or web over it. Exuvium does'nt attract mites or parasite so theres no worry about it.

Hedorah99

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Sometimes the exuvium are quite well hidden, probably deep in its hide or with a little substrate over it. Exuvium does'nt attract mites or parasite so theres no worry about it.
T's do a great job of tidying up too. I have had P. murinus molt in a deli cup and I still haven't found the molts.

CedrikG

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Yes sometimes theres not much left indeed, only little piece here and there heh

vtecgsr

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
WOW, really???? Thats crazy!! I thought i was imagining things cause i didnt see a molt but ive been busy with school the whole last week and had the tank covered with a towel. He certainly looks bigger and the bands seem whiter for sure... COOL!!! LOL haha, i feel like a kid again.

Ando55

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
WOW, really???? Thats crazy!! I thought i was imagining things cause i didnt see a molt but ive been busy with school the whole last week and had the tank covered with a towel. He certainly looks bigger and the bands seem whiter for sure... COOL!!! LOL haha, i feel like a kid again.
We're like the kids in a candy shop when we see new Ts or see the current ones we have in fascination from them moving around, molting, eating, grooming. I saw my aureostriata groom for the first time as I left with the lights off and came back to see it out on an upward stance grooming, after a few seconds it walked in however, show must be over...=/ lol Congrats on your genic's molt!

vtecgsr

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Its been maybe 2 days since he finally came out... when should i feed him? He isnt interested in the cricket now...

Ando55

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Give it a week or so(another 5 days for you since you said it came out 2 days ago), you don't want to put in crickets early especially if the T is still recovering after the molt. Time is needed to help the body harden up after a molt, don't take chances by throwing in a crick while your beauty is too soft bro, I wouldn't want to hear any bad stories about your genic especially when those evil cricks decide to munch on some things...:eek:

Stylopidae

Arachnoking
Old Timer
You know...I had a 1" B. albopilosum suddenly double in size and I still haven't seen a moult.

Mina

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Sometimes they eat them, sometimes they rip them into tiny pieces, and somtimes they bury them. Yes, your T could have moulted and you not seen a skin.

secular

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
i was going to mention the eating thing, i've seen that happen..

vtecgsr

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Hmmm, i was wanderin why he wasnt interested in the cricket. Now hes just clinging on to a pile of substrate really tight...

LeilaNami

Arachnoking
Old Timer
My A. metallica destroyed half of his...the half I needed to sex it of course {D

Annie3Ponies

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I was rooting around in my L. parahybana's home, looking for the exuvium, but now have decided it didn't molt yet, I just destroyed its mat. The abdomen, which turned black from when I left for work till when I came home for lunch one day last week, is still black. It seemed like it might have more hair, but I have subsequently decided I was wrong, and now must keep my hands out of the tank and leave it alone. It comes out to say "hi" at least once a day anyway.