Second Tarantula

Seen1980

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I now have two a Pinktoe and a Chilean Rose Hair. Right now epsecially, I'd be more inclined to handle PT rather than R unless R mellows down a lot. Here's hoping presently if I ever have an escape; it was PT who is definitely much mellower. Besides, PT is likely to climb to a high point out of reach of my cat.
I'm not sure about any of you with cats. Does any of your cats use Bottle caps to fire at large spiders? I've seen mine use a bottle cap against Spiders many times.

Mina

Arachnoking
Old Timer
I have 5 cats, one old lady, one extremely obese 4 year old, and a litter of 3 feral kittens that are 6 months old. No, I've never had any problems. My cats haven't discovered the T's and I've had them for over a year, what they have discovered is crickets. That gets to be a pain, but they also make sure I don't have any chirping crix on the loose.

Seen1980

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I hear that, but my cat has noticed PT.. I'm not so sure with R (I'll readjust the name to Rose if it's a she). I think PT would likely just climb to the ceiling while I'm not sure about R.

My cat would likely launch a bottle cap at any Tarantula on the loose like any large sized spiders that manage to derail him from likely "playing" with them with his paws. It's what he does with good sized spiders.

Seen1980

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Most people need balls for the cat to play with or something. My cat just needs a bottle cap. I that he is more or less trying to play with them, and they just keep dying. He does something similar with mice; he'll catch them then let them go repeatedly till they simply die

bonesmama

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I would be careful-- cats know where EVERYTHING in your house is....all those lost socks,sunglasses,umbrellas....everything you're looking for!
Seriously, though-- I've read alot of threads where cats have gotten to people's T's- whether it's just knocking them over or worse, it's better to be safe than sorry.

Seen1980

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Actually, right now, I'm more worried about my cat meeting R, which I gotta change the name to Rogue Ro for short, than Ro meeting my cat. I had to barricade his or her food supply from getting into hard to reach places, and it attacked the tongs. I must have triggered it's webbing, or it's just too nervous in a new tank rather than that sour cream looking container because it has attacked my tongs both times trying to get the water pool to re-fill plus trying to make certain areas to prevent food from having a place that Ro may not be able to reach. Is this normal behavior for Roseas?