Second Chinese tigerleg clutch

Draiman

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Just as I had predicted a couple of days ago. What this now means is that out of the 4 (yes, only 4) adult centipedes in my collection (2 tigerleg, 1 hardwickei and 1 alternans); out of 4 wild-caught unsexed adults I bought, all 4 of them have turned out to be gravid females, and at least one has so far been proven to be fertile (the alternans, with her 1st instar pedelings). What luck.

It's 2.30 in the morning over here at the moment so no pics yet; she's laying her eggs as I type this (sound familiar? {D). I'll get a few photos tomorrow, I'm beat.

peterbourbon

Arachnolord
Old Timer
What the hell did you do to get such good karma:?
He had plenty pede-deaths and seemed to be about giving up keeping pedes. I wouldn't call it "Karma", I'd rather call it "payback". And I'm glad about it!

Cheers
Turgut

Draiman

Arachnoking
Old Timer
My thoughts exactly. What the hell did you do to get such good karma:?
Anywho, congrats on the clutch, another awesome species!
lol, cheers :)

He had plenty pede-deaths and seemed to be about giving up keeping pedes. I wouldn't call it "Karma", I'd rather call it "payback". And I'm glad about it!

Cheers
Turgut
Heh, yeah I suppose. Thanks Turgut :)

Anyway...

It's a pretty good-sized clutch, almost double that of the other tigerleg mother I have.

Eating some banana:

Last edited:

x Mr Awesome x

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
You can give them bananas? Sorry if that is a stupid question I've just never heard of that.

Draiman

Arachnoking
Old Timer
You can give them bananas? Sorry if that is a stupid question I've just never heard of that.
Nah, not a stupid question :)

I sometimes supplement their diet with random fruits every once in a while. I've tried oranges, grapes, apples, kiwis, they eat everything really.

WARPIG

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Nah, not a stupid question :)

I sometimes supplement their diet with random fruits every once in a while. I've tried oranges, grapes, apples, kiwis, they eat everything really.
This is SOOOOOO cool!!! I only keep T's and ever rarely look at anything else on this board (but T's).

I saw your thread heading and decided to look in it, first wicked pics, second I never saw a Myriapod with a clutch, love the way she is clutching them, and third eating fruit TOO SWEET.

Thanks for sharing!!!

PIG-