[Inquiry] Seattle area pet stores

toast4nat

Arachnosquire
Can anyone give me immediate Seattle area pet stores that sell T's that I can visit? I'll go as far south as Federal Way and as far north as North Gate.

kaydyn1512

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Am not a pet store but...

I'm in Washington state. I don't have a customers to my home but I will be at the Renton show and also Critter Fest next week in Chahalis. You'll see a big banner "Kaydyn's Animal House"

synic

Arachnosquire
I actually bought my first T, a B. boehmei here:

Midway Tropical Fish & Pets
24101 Pacific Highway South, Kent, WA 98032-5020

They had a pretty good selection. However, I later learned that the pet store owner is giving bad advice about raising Ts (for example, recommending bark as a substrate and telling me I should feed my B. boehmei pinkies). If you can't make it to the expos or anything, it's worth a look. Just don't follow anything he says, haha.

Last edited:

tarantulas.com

Arachnopeon
TARANTULAS.com will be at the Renton show. As for stores, our parent company Northwest Zoological Supply serves Pacific Northwest pet stores. Our customers that tend to carry tarantulas include A Place For Pets in Burien and Little Amazon at 105th and Aurora in north Seattle near Rivergate.

takelondon

Arachnosquire
To second TARANTULAS.com, A Place For Pets has a large variety of tarantulas at differing prices. Definitely check it out if you haven't already, they have quite a selection.

jonnyquong

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Call and arrange to stop by TarantulaCages.com (Adam Hundt) near Boeing Field. You can see on his website what he carries. He's a nice guy, I've dealt with him a few times. If you DO, please tell him Jon Olson sent you!
Good luck!

toast4nat

Arachnosquire
I went to the expo in Renton last weekend; awesome! Not a huge selection of T's though, and some of the bigger beauties were on display but not for sale :( not that I could buy anyway.

I've been to a place for pets, awesome place, got to hold a G. pulchripes. Friendly staff too.

Didn't know tarantulacages.com had a place near Boeing, that's a sweet deal!

grayzone

Arachnoking
Old Timer
a place for pets in burien.... not too knowledgeable but big selection, Midway fish and pet in kent? desmoines? you can talk to brandon at Captive inverts.com and theres always craigslist. there is actually a member from this forum on craigslist always sellin pokies and cages. weve talked and he knows his stuff.