Searching on arachnoboards

Marlana

Arachnoknight
This is really helpful for a newbie!! Thank you 🙏
I actually rarely post because I usually can find what I’m looking for and just naturally research everything related to spider for fun.
But this guide helps streamline the process!

moricollins

Arachno search engine
Old Timer
I wonder how many post would get resolved if everyone always searched and read multiple threads before posting.
it’s funny though if they did what the hell would be going on here on a daily basis without all the repetitive help molt and other similar threads
What I've seen on other forums, that really gives most of the people offering assistance help, is where powwow have been searching and reading and still have questions of they either reply to the old threads with their new questions or they start a be thread and link to the old threads and explain the new question. This way people know what knowledge base the user likely has, and can tailor the advice to the specific questions

Searching is never going to be the one-stop shop for answers, but it can help you get INSTANT information on issues/problems, much faster than posting a new thread and hoping someone answers quickly.

Colorado Ts

Arachnoangel
Yeah. Pet peeve--Why do people care if threads are resurrected? I'm not looking for OP...

Im looking for new and updated info on a topic that was touched on 10 years ago without creating a new thread. 💡
If I see a continuation of the dialogue, I see nothing wrong with resurrecting an old thread. But there are some here that get really offended at the thought.... :bag:

Smotzer

ArachnoGod
Arachnosupporter +
What I've seen on other forums, that really gives most of the people offering assistance help, is where powwow have been searching and reading and still have questions of they either reply to the old threads with their new questions or they start a be thread and link to the old threads and explain the new question. This way people know what knowledge base the user likely has, and can tailor the advice to the specific questions

Searching is never going to be the one-stop shop for answers, but it can help you get INSTANT information on issues/problems, much faster than posting a new thread and hoping someone answers quickly.
Oh yeah I don’t see it as bad as this on my other forums at all!

I agree with you computer though. It would at least be nice to know people did a little research before just posting! Would go a long way

EpicEpic

Arachnoangel
If I see a continuation of the dialogue, I see nothing wrong with resurrecting an old thread. But there are some here that get really offended at the thought.... :bag:
Continuation in dialogue in those threads seems to end abruptly when a person with 5 posts "yells" out...."This is an 8 year old thread!!!" Hahaha!

Colorado Ts

Arachnoangel
Continuation in dialogue in those threads seems to end abruptly when a person with 5 posts "yells" out...."This is an 8 year old thread!!!" Hahaha!
Yeah...the content is still pertinent, the conversation is still pertinent....but OMG!!!...in some people's minds, there's a time stamp. :rofl:

Smotzer

ArachnoGod
Arachnosupporter +
Yeah...the content is still pertinent, the conversation is still pertinent....but OMG!!!...in some people's minds, there's a time stamp. :rofl:
Yeah some people definitely can’t stand it. The only thing Is sometimes the people on the originals thread aren’t active members any more so there can’t really be much continuation of the conversation between original posters and new ones. That’s the only thing I see with it

Imthe new guy

Arachnopeon
I'm new here, this was some really good info.

It never hurts to point out the obvious to a new member. We are all here to learn and grow the hobby. At least that is the reason I am here.

That is how the student becomes the teacher. Disparaging remarks don't help anyone, they just make some people feel self important and inflates egos. I never waste my valuable time on people like that.

THANK YOU for posting this Search information, it was very useful.

Katya

Arachnopeon
Searching on arachnoboards:
There are two ways to search on arachnoboards: through the site itself, and through Google

I'll walk you through both methods.
Thank you so much for making this! I've been told to use the search function for some of my questions, and all I got was random info that wasn't what I wanted xD Ty!

moricollins

Arachno search engine
Old Timer
Thank you so much for making this! I've been told to use the search function for some of my questions, and all I got was random info that wasn't what I wanted xD Ty!
If you're having trouble finding relevant info after a search then you can send me a message and I can see what I can dig up.