Sea slaters as pets

UltimateDracoMeteor

Arachnosquire
I'd like to keep sea slaters, they're really adorable and I haven't ventured into aquatic pets before. However, I have several questions.

1. Where do I buy them? I live smack dab in the middle of a landlocked state and have no way of catching them, so that's out of the question.
2. How do I keep them? I've read that they eat seaweed and other plant matter, but what substrate and water should I use?
3. Can they live communally?

blacksheep998

Arachnosquire
I've never kept sea slaters myself but I've heard from people who do that they do well with a rocky substrate and require a dish of salty water to dip their gills in. As for food I'd try algae wafers, since that's probably the closest you'll get to seaweed nutritionally. If that doesn't work then you can check an asian market and see if they have any nori. It's the dark green wrapping around most sushi, and is actually made from seaweed.

Jacob Ma

Arachnoknight
Usually nori isn't sold wet, but dried and salted. Not good for many other animals than humans. It would be better to get these isopods some algae wafers or algae if you ever get the chance, but never market seaweed because that is usually treated for human consumption.