Scutz

Chilobrachys

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Scutigrids are the only animals that creep me out, is anyone else like this? I really want to get over this, but I can't. The way they glide across the ground

Jaymz Bedell

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
In general the semi-robotic look of centipedes gives me a little chill, but Scutigrids make my skin crawl. for years I lived in a condo where the first floor was half underground so the natural humidity caused us to have droves of Scuts, as many as 4 to 5 a day in one room of the house. as a kid, say 10 to 15 years old, I would see one and bolt. now i see one shiver and take a closer look...what a difference 18 to 23 years can make.

cacoseraph

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
i like 'em

i got to play with one of the giant tropical varieties before. it was ~3" long in the body and way WAY over 6" long counting legs and antenna. it was a tiny bit creepy. legs felt weird

Crysta

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I tried googling the name... but I cant find out what they are? ...no search result come up for 'scutz or Scutigrids'...

GPulchra

Arachnoknight
I don't know what they are either. This is the only place Google knows that has any relation to Scutigrids. Well, the good thing is, I found a googlewhack B) .

Crysta

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
ohhh i love these! They are everywhere in europe on nans walls lol the geckos are always up on the walls chasing them down. hehe thanks jaymz I was trying to google stutigrids.. :p

zonbonzovi

Creeping beneath you
Old Timer
Well, if you need to re-home any of those creepy pests...PM me;)

Jaymz Bedell

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Well, if you need to re-home any of those creepy pests...PM me;)
I haven't seen one in the new house yet. but if I do ill hold onto them and let you know. if I happen to take a stroll in the woods I'll also keep an eye out. this time of year is when I usually see them the most. from tiny to impressively large.

Travis K

TravIsGinger
Old Timer
I can get WC Scutigera coleoptrata but they are typically harder to find this time of year. I love them, they are awesome.:D