Scutigeridae caresheet

deathwing

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Does anyone have experience breeding these? I do have a dozen of these and yet to be identified.

Elytra and Antenna

Arachnoking
Arachnosupporter +
There's an article on rearing Scutiger coleoptrata in one of the Invertebrates-Magazine backissues. There was a little luck hatching out giant a southeast Asian species but I don't know that any of those babies made it past an inch, let alone to adulthood.

deathwing

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I've just found out that the remaining three are now dead and seems dehydrated, the substrate is almost dry. The aircon unit must have sucked the moisture. Well, based from spot where I've gathered them it seems that they prefer a high humidity low temperature environment. All of them measures nearly 1" from head to the base of terminal legs, anyway, these species seems to be more like Sphendononema guildingi...
http://www.nadiplochilo.com/oscutigeromorpha.html

deathwing

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I've just found out that the remaining three are now dead and seems dehydrated, the substrate is almost dry. The aircon unit must have sucked the moisture. Well, based from spot where I've gathered them it seems that they prefer a high humidity low temperature environment. All of them measures nearly 1" from head to the base of terminal legs, anyway, these species seems to be more like Sphendononema guildingi...
http://www.nadiplochilo.com/oscutigeromorpha.html

dannyboypede

Arachnosquire
what orin is trying to say, is that breeding these things is damn near impossible. i have also found that they are kind of tricky to care for. if the humidity is low, they curl and die. one that i had wouldnt eat if i was watching, and sometimes wouldnt eat at all. oh well, i like my lithobiamorphs better. {D

Dan

deathwing

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I understood what he said, though they are already dead before I realized the required parameters.

Mine never minded me, and saw them consume most of the isopod tankmates. That's why I planned to breed them. Thanks anyway :D

Elytra and Antenna

Arachnoking
Arachnosupporter +
No, Scutigera coleoptrata are really easy to keep and breed. The giant Malaysian species seemed to have a lot of die off of captive hatched immatures but we're talking about very limited information on a single breeding (due to limited livestock availability).

Travis K

TravIsGinger
Old Timer
I think I will try my hand at these again. They are very interesting.