Scutigera Coleptera

Mister Internet

Big Meanie Doo Doo Head :)
Arachnosupporter +
Anyone ever tried keeping the common "house centipede" just for the heck of it? Any pitfalls or special needs to be aware of? I think I'm going to give it a go with the 1" specimen I caught in the "Backyard Excursion" thread... ;)

sabre

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
i cared for one only for a few weeks before i released it back into the yard. just keep it the same as it is in your yard, and you can try feeding it small insects and frozen bloodworms. mine went back into the yard alot fatter than it was when it left the yard.

Mister Internet

Big Meanie Doo Doo Head :)
Arachnosupporter +
Thanks for the info... I'm keeping him in a pickle jar with moistened Bed-A-Beast and a hide. Put a pinhead crik in there, we'll see what happens...

Alex S.

Arachnolord
Old Timer
Scutigera

Im currently not keeping any Scutigera but Im a big enthusiast of them. They are awesome chilopods. Have you heard of Scutigera longicornis from India. Its the largest species known with a 2" body length and huge legspan!

Alex S.

nitrotek

Arachnopeon
I have several and the one I caught last night is about 2" give or take a 1/16"and the front to back leg span is at least 6"

JacenBeers

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
sabre how big was the centipede that you caught in your yard. I have never searched for them up here in Kamloops before.

sabre

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
it was about 2", you might be able to find them under rocks or old logs.