Scrunching up against glass normal?

Syngyne

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I've been noticing my tarantula doing this lately. This is the opposite corner of the enclosure from the home she's made. Is it normal for her to be doing this? Sometimes she just sits in this corner without scrunching against the glass.

Last edited:

Drachenjager

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
i guess you meant normal for a T in a glass box lol
I see some of mine do that from time to time and then go back to the hide. i dont think its anythign to worry about

speedreader

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
my seemani does the weirdest shit. She used to hang herself upside down on the ceiling - it would take me 30min ro so to get her back down, coaxing her with brush on a pile of papertowels. She would bury herself alive for 6 months, etc.
Don't worry!

dukegarda

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Is there a heat source on the side of where she is scrunching. Mine do that a lot, they go to the side that's nearest the radiators. That might explain it if it's the case.

Other than that, maybe she just wants to show off? Haha. At least you get to see your T.

Syngyne

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
No heat source, she just ends up over there sometimes. I also noticed she had what looked like greyish lint on her back legs. That'd be urticating hairs, wouldn't it? I've never actually seen her kick them, though.